socks

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donberry

Reaction score
I guess I am going to have to make my own, but be cool if someone made a sock that fit over the panels, similar to what Magnepan has over their panels except it would have an elastic band.
No use or light use - you keep the sock on it to help protect it from dust etc
Just remove the sock when you sit down to listen.....
Made out of black stretchy material like the magnepans.....

Just a thought because I live in a rural setting and it is always extremely dusty around here. For now, when they are not in use I just have some sheets over them - not very aesthetic tho

I got my SL3 used, so I do not have anything. I am thinking about buying the socks for a pair of magnepan (65.00) and find someone local who can sew.

Martin Logan used to make dust covers. I had a set when I owned my SL3 speakers. Sugarmedia was going to have some made, however, he no longer spends time here, I never did find out what he did (other than he sold his speakers before a cross continent move).

There are quite a few threads that have come up asking about covers over the years. Here's one that shows a picture of the SL3 socks.

http://www.martinloganowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1653&highlight=covers+socks

this may sound stupid - but I was thinking of something made more out of speaker cloth material and would only have to cover the panel - not too concerned with the woofer.
With my temporary sheets for covers, if I am just roaming around with music on, I just leave the sheets on and it sounds fine. Sit down to really listen and I pull them off.
Not very pretty tho.
Something made of real material would look better and still allow them to play just fine if you are not doing any serious listening.
Just trying to prolong getting new panels as long as I can as it is real dusty at my house. I am also looking into getting a nice air filter for that room

Martin Logan should have some thing. My Electromotion's came with sock overs, some pretty nice ones. Anytime I am not using them for long periods I will cover them.

I emailed them, said all they had for mine were plastic bags. He suggested I talk to a local seamstress

These guys can make them:

www.digitaldeckcovers.com

They quoted me about $160 shipped for a pair for my CLSIIA's. I speced the double quilted fabric for mine. I have 5 different covers they made for my turntables and transport. They do very nice work. I'm extremely pleased with everything I have ever gotten from them.

this may sound stupid - but I was thinking of something made more out of speaker cloth material and would only have to cover the panel -

Do think twice about that - most speaker cloth wouldn't keep enough fine dust out to be worth the bother.

Latest posts

Back