Snell Type 2A??

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrumpetDoug

Reaction score
OK guys I know this is a Logan site, but on the way home from a gig in Northbrook last night I see this large pair of speakers in the garbage...................yea I picked them up.:D They are a very large set of Snell 2A. Very very good condition I may try to take a pic tomorrow and post it.

I am throwing this up here because of all the audio knowledge that exists on this site. I figure that someone will have some info about these. You can look on the web but good luck, only really found one little hit and it was just a pic. No description or pricing was included.
I know Snell was, and still is a reputable brand, so I thought I might try to resurrect these for a home theatre or just see what they sound like.

Doug - out

Last edited:
Snell pic.

Here is a pic off the web. I will see if I have time to take a shot of the ones I picked-up later. To be honest this is almost exactly what they look like anyway. BTW my wife is gonna kill me when she looks in the garage in the AM.:( Oh well she knew it when she married me.

Doug - out

Attachments

• luigi's pictures 013.jpg
    luigi's pictures 013.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 646
Those are definitely Snell Type A's. Chad Kassem had a similar pair in his office last year when the club visited Acoustic Sounds. These babies rock and play loud past the point of pain. I know I owned a pair for many years and my son in law still has them! You can still order drivers from the Snell website if need be.

Last edited:
Thanks guys for the input. After checking these out, they have a few problems. First of all the woofers a SHOT with foam rot. The grills are not easily removable but I did anyway. What a disappointment 1 small tweeter and 1 small mid-range in this giant cabinet. I think I might try to save the woofer cabinets (did I mention the woofer cab. is a separate piece from the high end drivers. So there is a total of 4 cab.)

Maybe some fun to tinker with and try to marry the bass cab to a book-shelf pair of Meadowlarks I have. I will keep you posted.

Doug - out

Back