Small or Large On Vantage??

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thai

Reaction score
Hey all,

I am in the process of adjusting my system. Should i put the front Vantage speakers (and stage) SMALL or LARGE?? With LARGE, it's like a full-range speaker (highs to lows). With SMALL, everything below the crossover point (40Hz on my receiver) is directed to the subwoofer. Most people tell me to use SMALL for better sound. However, the Vantage does have it's own powered 8" woofer, which is supposedly pretty good with bass. Thus, i wonder if i should put the Vantage to LARGE for better bass envelope.

Oh yeah, BTW, DO NOT BUY DENON 1930CI DVD player...it has a lot of bugs in it. I went with Sony DVP-NS90V. Also, the Pioneer Elite 46V also has a lot of problems.

Thanks all in advance.

Hey all,

I am in the process of adjusting my system. Should i put the front Vantage speakers (and stage) SMALL or LARGE?? With LARGE, it's like a full-range speaker (highs to lows). With SMALL, everything below the crossover point (40Hz on my receiver) is directed to the subwoofer. Most people tell me to use SMALL for better sound. However, the Vantage does have it's own powered 8" woofer, which is supposedly pretty good with bass. Thus, i wonder if i should put the Vantage to LARGE for better bass envelope.

Oh yeah, BTW, DO NOT BUY DENON 1930CI DVD player...it has a lot of bugs in it. I went with Sony DVP-NS90V. Also, the Pioneer Elite 46V also has a lot of problems.

Thanks all in advance.

Hola and welcome. The Vantage, Large, and for the Stage use small...frequency cut at 80Hz...normally this setting works with no problem. Happy listening,
Roberto.

Hi.. just going through the same thing as I just purchased a new sub. All I can say is try it both ways with your favorite material and let your ears be the judge. I tried both Large & Small for my Clarity's and by far, I liked the sound and integration better with them set to small. I also found that when using the Small setting, it took some of the load off my amp. I'm still tweaking but this is what is working so far.
So far, I've found that there are no rules, just guidelines.
Let your ears tell you whats best. Good luck.

Hi.. just going through the same thing as I just purchased a new sub. All I can say is try it both ways with your favorite material and let your ears be the judge. I tried both Large & Small for my Clarity's and by far, I liked the sound and integration better with them set to small. I also found that when using the Small setting, it took some of the load off my amp. I'm still tweaking but this is what is working so far.
So far, I've found that there are no rules, just guidelines.
Let your ears tell you whats best. Good luck.

Well, i am trying to get a headstart on the setup because my speakers are still in the break-in period.:p The Vantage has it's own amplified 8" woofer along with ESL panel. Therefore, i was thinking that the load on my receiver won't be too much.

Back