Slipping panels in Aerius - advice on nudging them up

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KD Lawler

Reaction score
I have a pair of Aerius speakers, approximately 11 years old. I've noticed that the panels have started to slip down. On one of them the panel is now touching the floor, so it's down a good couple inches. On the other one, the panel is halfway down, maybe an inch. I'm looking for advice on how to nudge the panels back up to their proper position without damaging these lovely units.

I've read in other posts about how to remove the side rails with a rubber mallet. Before I start that, however, I'd like to know how the panels are held in place. Once I remove the rails (assuming it is probably necessary to move the panels, what will I have to do to restore the panels to their proper position?

they are held in place with velcro strips and a gasket of foam tape after you remove the side rails

Don't try to "nudge" them back into place. You do have to disassemble them. There are actually two panels per speaker - the electrostatic panel and the woofer cover (just going from my SL3s).

I have a pair of Aerius speakers, approximately 11 years old. I've noticed that the panels have started to slip down. On one of them the panel is now touching the floor, so it's down a good couple inches. On the other one, the panel is halfway down, maybe an inch. I'm looking for advice on how to nudge the panels back up to their proper position without damaging these lovely units.

I've read in other posts about how to remove the side rails with a rubber mallet. Before I start that, however, I'd like to know how the panels are held in place. Once I remove the rails (assuming it is probably necessary to move the panels, what will I have to do to restore the panels to their proper position?

Hola. Disconnect your speakers cables form the amplifier and the cable from the Main A.C. Lay them on their´s back. With the aid of a soft mallet, with soft hammer hits to the woofer´s grill, just below the rails and put them back to the right position. You have to hammer at both sides until the right position is done. With the help of a small bracket, you can screw it to the body of your Aerius to prevent more slip down. You might get these brackets at any hardware store. Happy listening,
Roberto.

Back