SL3 Panels not working

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bimotarich

Reaction score
My beloved SL3s seem to both have stopped working properly. The Panels first started to sound about half volume and then went completely dead over a few weeks. I took them to an audio shop to have them looked at but they could not determine the problem (they are not an ML dealer... there are not any here in Japan). They claimed to have tried washing the panels to no avail. They said they could ship them out for repairs at a cost of $5000 which seemed way too expensive expecially since they did not know what the problem was. Any suggestions for pinpointing the problem. How can I tell if it is the panel or the electrics inside the speaker or both?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
:eek:

My beloved SL3s seem to both have stopped working properly. The Panels first started to sound about half volume and then went completely dead over a few weeks. I took them to an audio shop to have them looked at but they could not determine the problem (they are not an ML dealer... there are not any here in Japan). They claimed to have tried washing the panels to no avail. They said they could ship them out for repairs at a cost of $5000 which seemed way too expensive expecially since they did not know what the problem was. Any suggestions for pinpointing the problem. How can I tell if it is the panel or the electrics inside the speaker or both?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
:eek:
Hola...please contact Martin Logan service dept...they will tell you how to test your problem in a better and easier way. Try to get a high voltage probe and measure the power supply. On the other hand, the panels could need a wash...write to Melodie ([email protected]) she will guide you step by step how to bring back your beloved SL-3s....she will assist you and will do the best!...sorry about your problem...regards from Costa Rica,
Roberto.

It seems really odd that both speakers would quit working at the same time. I would check your sources carefully-working your way back from the amps.

Back