SL3 mains cable

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MickyP

Reaction score
Hi, anyone dabbled with these, please?

Background is I tried some 80-odd quid (I'm in the UK) mains cables and the sound changed dramatically: more defined treble, warmth but, maybe, also maybe, a bit life sucking. These were budget MCRU cables. Anyone had experience of these speakers, please, and cables to match? Appreciate it's a minefield and folks' have different tastes.

Thank you so much.

Mike

Hi MickyP,

With "mains cable" you mean the power cable, right? You can try to search this forum (top right hand side) using the term "power cables". There have been a few threads about this before, which will not give you a definitive answer.

The short of it: some believe they do influence the sound, some believe they don't. General advise: try some out for yourself and trust your own instinct/hearing.

Hi RDC

Yep, the power cables. I tried some expensive ones which did some things quite nicely, but thought they did some things not so nicely. So bought a budget-ish decent-make cable and they sound fine. So, they do make a difference to sound! Try them for yourselves, pref with a 30-day (or whatever) returns policy.

Back