Siltech cables?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eknuds01

Reaction score
Anyone own these? I went to usedcable.com and asked for some advice. They came back with the Siltech London cables.

I was also considering Zu Wax cables and a few others (such as blue jeans and another cable that Tonepub suggested).

What about jumpers? I think I still have my original jumpers, but I am not 100% sure.

thanks,
Erik

Erik,

Many options. Within the "silver" category, I tried and bought (based on jtwrace's recommend) the DH Labs top interconnect. I think its called the "Reference".

Reasonably priced, very transparent, liquid in the mid-band, great top extension, well built and quick with a very defined low / mid bass.

No apparent tonal signature that I can hear.

If you want to try, I'm confident that they will allow a 30 day, money back option.

As with any wire purchase, home audition is highly recommended.

GG

PS: FWIW, trash the ML jumpers and get something else. They are garbage. Many options.

Last edited:
Erik,
If your interested in Zu Cable and your patient you can usually pick up a pair off EBAY for a third of what they charge on their website. Zu runs them on EBAY continually.

Last edited by a moderator:
Erik,
If your interested in Zu Cable and your patient you can usually pick up a pair off EBAY for a third of what they charge on their website. Zu runs them on EBAY continually.

Be aware that Zu listing them directly on eBay may or may not continue. Zu is changing over to selling via dealers and dropping the direct sales model they've been using. They closed out on their website on the 23rd, the last of the sales there. There is a story on 6moons about this sales model change.

Just this past week, I had the chance to compare the Zu Libtec cables to an older very high line Monster pair. The Libtec's absolutely embarressed the Monster's that I'm pretty sure sold for much more. On Thiels, the Monsters came up very short on bass, whereas the Libtec filled in the bottom completely.

Another company making good sounding cables for a good price is MAC, or My Audio Cable. I'd listened to some Audioquest silver interconnects some years ago, and found them a touch to bright and shied away. The MAC was the first interconnect that changed my mind about silver and how it can sound.

Ironically, I now also have some pricey Audioquest silver speaker cables, the Silver Dragons, that sound REALLY good on electrostat's!

OldMonolith

Yep. Siltech are good cables -- but silver sounds like silver. So it's a very personal thing.

See avatar, those are the 4-80 interconnects.

Erik,

Many options. Within the "silver" category, I tried and bought (based on jtwrace's recommend) the DH Labs top interconnect. I think its called the "Reference".

They are the Revelation. I highly recommend them. The Q-10 speaker cable is amazing as well IMO.

Yep. Siltech are good cables -- but silver sounds like silver. So it's a very personal thing.

See avatar, those are the 4-80 interconnects.

Whats wrong with "Silver" ? J/K :ROFL: Silver is either a love hate relationship. It can be glorious and tragic at the same time! If done right I think it can give a sweet sound !

Based on my experience Chris, the sound is indeed sweet. And airy, dimensional, and quite transparent. Also, great control of the bottom octaves.

I had heard about the "reputation" of silver based cables. Dry, fatiguing, etc. After listening to the DH Labs Revelation (thanks Jason for the correction), all concerns quickly vanished.

As Jason indicated, highly recommended.

GG

Plenty cable options around Siltech are very good also Kimber Select and Nordost Valhalla silver usually provides more detail resolution and openness but not much in the way of richness of tone! I have transparent
music wave plus speaker cables which provide plenty current and wide soundstage. Main thing for me with cables is as fine tuning for the overall sound of the system especially regards tonal balance. Sale or return trial at home therefore mandatory. Buying anything you I've not tried at home is a recipe for misery!

Back