Signal Cable - IC's, power, speaker cables . . Rich?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Magic power power cord VS Silver Resolution Reference

Rich,

I was on SignalCables site again and noticed they have both the Magic Power power cord AND the Silver Resolution Reference power cord.

I recall that all of the IC's and speaker cable you are or will be usaing was of the silver variety. Did you audition both of their power cords, or did you just dismiss the need for silver in a power cord?

Thanks!

Joe

PS: I get my Summits back on Wednesday, along with a new Cary SLP-03 pre amp and the Sanders 2 channel amp. Can't wait to get back into some music after waiting a month for the Summits to return! :D

I was on SignalCables site again and noticed they have both the Magic Power power cord AND the Silver Resolution Reference power cord.

I recall that all of the IC's and speaker cable you are or will be usaing was of the silver variety. Did you audition both of their power cords, or did you just dismiss the need for silver in a power cord?

I basically dismissed the need for silver in a power cable. My electricity runs through copper pretty much all the way from the power plant to my media room outlet, so I didn't feel that adding silver to the power cord was going to make much difference. I could be wrong. They could kick the sound up another notch. But I made a cost/benefit decision to stick with the Magic Power Cord without auditioning the other and I have not been disappointed. The benefits of putting the Magic Power Cord on my Summits and components was immediately noticeable. Big increase in clarity and dynamics.

PS: I get my Summits back on Wednesday, along with a new Cary SLP-03 pre amp and the Sanders 2 channel amp. Can't wait to get back into some music after waiting a month for the Summits to return! :D

You are going to be in heaven. Are you feeling well? Maybe you have the flu coming on? I think you better take a few sick days at the end of the week.

You are going to be in heaven. Are you feeling well? Maybe you have the flu coming on? I think you better take a few sick days at the end of the week.

Actually I took the day off for the occassion. I even vacuumed the area and dusted the Salamander unit! I am ready! :D

Joe

Latest posts

Back