Shower cleaning the newer hybrid ESL's

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian_74

Reaction score
Since the shower thread is a sticky, I though I should ask this question in a separate thread. I'm thinking of giving my Vantages a shower but the newer generation hybrids like this appear to be assembled differently than those mentioned in the sticky. There are 2 sets of hex screws that appear to fasten the stator panel to the woofer enclosure. One set is behind the panel on top of the enclosure, the other set is on the bottom below the woofer grate. It looks like the panel and woofer grate cover are one solid piece.

Can anyone confirm that removing these 4 hex screws will allow the panel to come off? After disassembling, should I follow the original procedure, spraying front side of the panel only?

Thanks!

The woofer grate is a separate piece. The panel grate is actually the stator that the mylar is sandwiched between.

I believe that once you take those hex bolts out, the entire panel will be able to slide out of the aluminum frame and you'll be able to wash the panel.

Be sure to leave the unit unplugged overnight and use caution when disconnecting the electrical connection of the panel.

in addition to what Tom has said do you know what your water is like...hard, soft, mineral content, calcified, etc ? I can't imagine hard water could be good them ??

Hola... It is better to contact Dana at [email protected] and ask him for the instructions to take the stats apart for the shower. Why do you think that they need a shower? Where I live, we have a lot of moisture and dust. I had sold many Vantage speakers, and never had to shower them, just vacuum the panels it's enough. To take the panels off, you need a friend's help. Doing it alone, it's a lot of effort and it is not that easy. Better, ask for help to Dana. He is a very humble and knowledge person. If taking the stats apart is necessary, he will guide you to do he whole process at the right way! Happy listening!

Back