shm sacd

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timm

Reaction score
So I've seen some interesting offerings but at 60 a pop. Just saw Aja and I thought there were issues finding the original masters? Becker and Fagen put all there stuff out in hi rez except for Aja. And now it shows up. Also saw coltrane ballads. Anyone gave any experience w these Japanese import sacds? Thanks Tim.

I've got a friend who has some of them. They are pricey, that's for sure. For fun, we listened to his standard CD of the Rolling Stones "Wild Horses" and then the import. Truth be told, the import blew away the standard CD in any sound criteria one could think of.

Steve,

I own a couple of these but they are obscenely expensive.

What I would like to see happen is that no one buys these until the price drops.

Need to send a collective message.

GG

I have the Aja. I haven't had much listening time as have been too busy to give it more than a light listen. It is clear and dynamic from what i can recall. I did have time this weekend to listen at reference to level Queens A Night at the Opera. It was worth the asking price IMHO.

I have several of these SHM SACDs and I have to say to my ear they do sound like they have better dynamic range and add another level to that airy sound the CLXs tend to show. They are pricey but since they do out perform standard CD they should cost more, how much more.......well there is the rub:)

I have several of these SHM SACDs and I have to say to my ear they do sound like they have better dynamic range and add another level to that airy sound the CLXs tend to show. They are pricey but since they do out perform standard CD they should cost more, how much more.......well there is the rub:)

Yes, they are costly and sometimes it is all that is available to me - living in Canada has a few drawbacks and getting access to some good disks at a resonable price is one of them. I can't say how disapointed I get when I get to the check out and they only ship to the US. Yes, there are other ways of getting the disks but they end up costing too (living on an island don't help either!). So I can pay a service to ship once it arrives at there destination or I can pay for the SHM.

Still they are a delight to listen to. They can really take you back in time.

Yes, they are costly and sometimes it is all that is available to me - living in Canada has a few drawbacks and getting access to some good disks at a resonable price is one of them. I can't say how disapointed I get when I get to the check out and they only ship to the US. Yes, there are other ways of getting the disks but they end up costing too (living on an island don't help either!). So I can pay a service to ship once it arrives at there destination or I can pay for the SHM.

Still they are a delight to listen to. They can really take you back in time.

Hmm. Perhaps it would pay to get a post office box in Port Angeles or Oak Harbor. That way you could order a bunch of disks and just make a trip across the border to pick them up.

Hmm. Perhaps it would pay to get a post office box in Port Angeles or Oak Harbor. That way you could order a bunch of disks and just make a trip across the border to pick them up.

A return trip to the island is 165.60 with the car and my other half on BC Ferries so it would need to be a lot of disks and a very big box. I don't know if I could be that patient.

Ok I have 4 of SHM SACDs and all of them sound great. I have done an A-B VS the standard issue CD and it is no contest. Yes they are pricy at $60.00 a pop. But if you buy a few of the disks you love I promise you will love them more.

Ok I have 4 of SHM SACDs and all of them sound great. I have done an A-B VS the standard issue CD and it is no contest. Yes they are pricy at $60.00 a pop. But if you buy a few of the disks you love I promise you will love them more.

They are a treat. I just ordered my 5th one, Queen a day at the races. :devil:

I was just looking up my Friday Night live in San Francisco and it has more than trippled in price since I picked it up a few years ago. It is a single layer SME (Sony Music Entertainment) and when I compared it to the CD it was amazing. The clairity and detail that placed you close to each guitar, the reverberation of the strum of each string cascading into the room. And that was before I had the martin logans! A good albulm is a good investment!

Back