Setup advice

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JordanD

Reaction score
I love my speakers and how it is setup, and the imaging is fantastic, BUT everything seems to image to the top of the speakers. Is there something I can do to bring it down about a foot?

You can see my setup in my sig.

Also keep in mind that the room is about 15ft front to back.

Thanks for any response!

I love my speakers and how it is setup, and the imaging is fantastic, BUT everything seems to image to the top of the speakers. Is there something I can do to bring it down about a foot?

You can see my setup in my sig.

Also keep in mind that the room is about 15ft front to back.

Thanks for any response!

Have you experimented with rake angle?

With my EM ESL's and Source (when I used them as mains) the vocals always seemed to appear right above my TV. I always kinda thought that was strange but I just likened it to being at a concert with the stage above you. This is with just 2 channel music or 2 channel TV. My EM ESL's are at the stock rake but I've been thinking of adjusting them to more like 90 degrees. The Source are at stock 90 degrees rake setting.

Last edited:
Would I make them closer to 90 degrees to bring them down? That would make sense, but maybe Ill just play around with the rake when I have some free time.

Back