Sequel II stat swap.

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VanDaRo

Reaction score
Phase One is done. New stats installed on the old Sequel IIs, and boy do they look different with the ClearSpar panels. In addition to looking real snazzy, they sound killer right off the bat.

This is a recommended upgrade -- I can tell already. Right now the Logans are breaking in on Steve Winwood - Chronicles, and I still have to tweak the speakers back into their optimum position.

Check it out.

More pics at my member system page !!

~VDR

Last edited:
A couple of Questions

Van,
I am about to pull the trigger on the same upgrade. I too have Sequel II's that need new panels. A couple of questions for you.
1) How hard/complicated was the swap of the new panels? Was there sufficient documentation supplied with the new panels?
2) Did you have a choice of clear spar or black spar?

Thanks, N3XT

Wow! Looks great!
I'll be getting new panels myself pretty soon. I can't wait! And how much different did they sound compared to the old ones?

Van,

Thanks for posting.

I am considering the same route by upgrading the panels on my ReQuests.
(Although I am seriously interested in comparing the ReQuests/Summits side by side).

Great artist to initiate the break-in also!!!!!

Cheers, Steelhead

Van,

Thanks for posting.

I am considering the same route by upgrading the panels on my ReQuests.
(Although I am seriously interested in comparing the ReQuests/Summits side by side).

Great artist to initiate the break-in also!!!!!

Cheers, Steelhead

Keep in min d that the Quest/reQuest panels only come with black spars.

The clear spars are too thin to be used in the larger panels.

Keep in min d that the Quest/reQuest panels only come with black spars.

The clear spars are too thin to be used in the larger panels.

That is a fact ! Clear spars do not come in the Quest ReQuest panels. As for the reasons Jon Fo has stated. Although I have my reasoning why but thats another story.

The Summits will crush the Quest, ReQuest in every area of performance. I had a set of Quests and they were good but the Summit is great !

JonFo & C.A.P.

Thank you for the information. Glad I posted as I was not aware that ReQuest replacement panels could not be had clear spar.

I am fairly certain that the Summits should be a Major Improvement over the ReQuests. No chance to listen to them as there are none in Alaska available for demo. I did hear the Vantage and although it was not an extended listening session I did not feel they were worth the cost differential (to me) of upgrading.

I am looking forward to listening to the Summit when I go on vacation to New York later this year. I have heard many positive comments on them and that is what my planned upgrade route is.

Thanks for the information.

Cheers, Steelhead

Back