selling the sizzle...PS Audio DACIII

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well the PS Audio DACIII arrived this afternoon and its been non stop tunes ever since! This is a great sounding DAC and built like a tank! I think this is great buy for 700 bones, wow!:music:

churchill - ow does it compae to your lexicon? thx. tim

Tom, I agree a great buy for $695!

Timm, I haven't listened to the Lexicon since the DAC arrived. I've been checking out the differences between the two samples rates, 96kHz and 192kHz. When I get a chance I'll do an A/B comparison running the Lexicon solo and then through the DAC.

to those of you interested - I went to audioasylum and posted on the cullen modded dac III ... here are excerpts from some of the posts....

'However, here is what I have in house- ML #39, Sony XA7ESD, Resolution Audio Opus 21,
Shanling T100, Musical Fidelity CDPRO2, Aqvox DAC, and probably a few I'm forgetting, and I prefer the Cullen modded PSA DLIII with a decent transport'

Also --

'I prefer the stock DACIII to the Cambridge 840C.....'

Tom, I agree a great buy for $695!

Timm, I haven't listened to the Lexicon since the DAC arrived. I've been checking out the differences between the two samples rates, 96kHz and 192kHz. When I get a chance I'll do an A/B comparison running the Lexicon solo and then through the DAC.

Churchill -- any comments on 192 vs 96? thx. tim.... Also, have you noticed any diff in the sound of the unit since you first received it?

Timm, after a week of listening I'd say the high frequency like cymbals and high hats sound a bit sharper using 192 kHz and the bass differences didn't seem as noticeable. I also think it depends on the recording on what sample rate sounds best. I think most recordings sound better (realistic) at 96kHz, although I've only sampled a small part of my library.

I can't say that I've heard much difference from the day I plugged it in, it rocks right out of the box!

Back