Sad Day for us Pink Floyd Fans

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn. :(

When I was growing up I got into Pink Floyd in The Wall years, and never appreciated how instrumental (NARF!) Wright was in establishing the Floyd sound.

"Us and them.

And after all - we're only ordinary men."

Just shed a quick tear anyway - just how many times have I listened to that as I have grown up and gotten older?

"And I am not frightened of dying, any time will do, I
dont mind. Why should I be frightened of dying?
There's no reason for it, you've gotta go sometime.
I never said I was frightened of dying."

Let's hope he wasn't.

Last edited:
Mine are just two of many millions of tear stained eyes. Rick has gone to "The Great Gig In The Sky". Rest In Peace!

Yep, saw this earlier today. Listened to "Meddle" on the way home from the iPod. "Dark Side of the Moon" will be getting queued up soon.

The one and only thing we ALL have in common.

Sad day. If you get a chance, pick up the Blu-ray disc of "Remember That Night, David Gilmour, Live at the Royal Albert Hall." There were songs that featured Richard and the concert overall, was great.

that's to bad

I have been a long time pink floyd fan. they are one of the bands that got me interested in buying better audio gear.I agree "remember that night" blueray disc kicks A.

Last edited:
If you don't have the Pulse DVD - get it. It's a terrific album. I never had the chance to see Pink Floyd live, but they must have put on amazing show back in the 70s and 80s!

It's too bad Waters and Gilmour don't get along that well. I still think they could be touring together and rocking stadiums the world over.

Erik

jul 12 1994 was a great concert at soldiers feild. they had really put on a great light show as well. the wall album was before my time sure am luky to have had the chance to see them.:bowdown:

If you don't have the Pulse DVD - get it. It's a terrific album. I never had the chance to see Pink Floyd live, but they must have put on amazing show back in the 70s and 80s!
I saw that tour (not where the DVD was shot though :) ). Pulse is an excellent DVD. It's a shame that the video was recorded in 4:3.

About three days ago, VH1 Classic was running the Classic Albums "making of" video for Dark Side. It was really cool seeing Alan Parsons show how the various tracks were layered in, etc. He appeared to be mixing off of the original multi-track master tapes (or copies thereof).

The voices speaking on the various cuts were just random people that they grabbed from around the studio, then had them talk about various topics. From that, they culled the bits that were put on the album.

"If you don't have the Pulse DVD - get it. It's a terrific album. I never had the chance to see Pink Floyd live, but they must have put on amazing show back in the 70s and 80s!"

Go into the set up menu and set the sound for stereo. The recording is done in "Q" Sound and is pretty amazing. If you've heard Roger Waters' "Amused To Death," you'll know what I'm talking about.

Back