RIP Killer

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockeratheart

Reaction score
Being in the Minneapolis area, and a huge baseball fan, I am enjoying all the stories I get to hear about Harmon Killebrew lately. I never met him, or watched him play, but if today's players could take a lesson on his class and determination, sports would be better entertainment.

For those of you who don't know the kind of man he was, he was a respectful and kind person.

Ben

I saw him play and saw him hit a couple of bombs at old tiger stadium in Detroit. Killebrew I believe was the second to hit one over the left field roof. Mantle was the first and I saw frank Howard blast the third over in my FIRST game ever. I was sitting first base line and the ball just disappeared. Being my first game I couldn't appreciate it but remember it 42 years later.

A class act for sure, I remember him well, I believe when he retired he stood at #5 all time and now #11, regardless one of the best from the right side of the plate !

A terrific person, as well as player and power hitter. And all this before steroids.

IIRC, I have a few original Topps baseball cards of him from the 50's / early 60's...

Back