overheard at the San Antonio airport yesterday:

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're basing it on sound quality performance ONLY. Bose provide other things that consumers like - least not small size and decor-sympathetic designs!! A lot of people just don't want something as simple as a stereo system overpowering and dominating a room!

Actually no. All I'm saying is that dollar for dollar you an do better for less. Take something like the Energy Take 5 system. Its very similar sized, looks as good or better then the Bose system and is far cheaper plus its freq response actually covers the whole spectrum.

You're basing it on sound quality performance ONLY. Bose provide other things that consumers like - least not small size and decor-sympathetic designs!! A lot of people just don't want something as simple as a stereo system overpowering and dominating a room!

Actually, my 10.2s are somewhat like MLs in that they require a good deal of space. They also need to be placed away from the wall.

These were earlier speakers. IMHO, Bose has done some fine engineering regarding space, such as their Wave Radio. That little thing sounds incredible; but please, don't compare it to the CLX:D

Good luck to them - they have my full respect. Like the iPod, they are encouraging people to listen to more music, not less!

Bose has introduced small footprints to the masses. They spearheaded the sub with separate tweeter concept and made it popular. Personally, i never liked the results of that delivery system, but many do and, as quoted above, they have my full respect.

BTW - Insert someone else's ear buds :stop: Don't think so

Actually no. All I'm saying is that dollar for dollar you an do better for less. Take something like the Energy Take 5 system. Its very similar sized, looks as good or better then the Bose system and is far cheaper plus its freq response actually covers the whole spectrum.

Fair enough. If I was after an architectural system, I think I'd take the Bose. To each their own.

What does Canada have to do with headphones? There's a lot of good Canadian speakers, is there a Canadian headphone company?

Because, as TOM pointed out it was a Canadian business man.. therefore.. I figured there would be some "guilt by association" going on.. after all we Canadians are to blame for all the worlds ills.. :p

Well since you bring up Canada and I am from the Detroit area - and since Chicago just broke their Stanley cupless streak - I would say the leafs are on the clock?? :)

Oh I know... our lovely "Loser Leafs" couldn't play their way out of a wet paper bag !! what a disgrace.. Go Habs GO ! :D

Oh I know... our lovely "Loser Leafs" couldn't play their way out of a wet paper bag !! what a disgrace.. Go Habs GO ! :D

Anyone here that doesn't get this -- please just fast forward -- I'm speaking Canadian here ....

Yeah - sorry about that... You guys tried to get Bowman - and I think he just wanted to work with his kid in Chicago... I think you had discussions with Stevie Y as well - but for whatever reason - that didn't happen... As my friend from Toronto had told me 'we gotta get a GM!' ... And yes- the Habs were magic this playoff season... Hlak??? was incredible and what they did to Pittsburgh and Washington - well, nobody in Detroit wants to see Sidney Crysby win another Cup!! :)

I see the leafs have new uniforms...to me the best looking leaf uniforms where the black and white ones from the days they were winning games...or was that just the TV that was black and white?

I see the leafs have new uniforms...to me the best looking leaf uniforms where the black and white ones from the days they were winning games...or was that just the TV that was black and white?

Yeah.. new outfits.. new captain.. we shall see.. although it's probably like the Emperors New Clothes.. probably just walking around naked and defenceless.. :p

I don't follow hockey too much - rather sacriligious for a Canadian I know - but my fondest memories are from back in the "black and white" (TV I mean !!) days when Saturday night on the couch with dad was a big deal. ;)

Latest posts

Back