Richard Gray Power Company Sub Station

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GregLett

Reaction score
Hi all,

Is anyone out there using this product. I'm interested in something that will isolate my room.

Thanks.

Greg, I use a smaller, earlier model in my video system with excellent results, both sonically and improved video.

Hi all,

Is anyone out there using this product. I'm interested in something that will isolate my room.

Thanks.

I use a 240v substation with a 1200. I love them. Work awsome in my system. Some don't like them...power conditioners are system dependent (ears) like everything else. I might sell mine to replace with newer (just to keep it fresh) if you have any interest.

I am, and I'm very happy with it. I actually replaced a Monster HT5000 with it and a good UPS. The Richard Gray substation has the TV, video image processor, Sunfire TGP-5, and Sunfire TGA-7400 amp plugged into it (there are only 4 plugs). I've got the ML summits, theater center, descent sub and UPS plugged into the main circuit, and everything else (Tivos, SB3 and DAC, network switches, etc) plugged into the UPS. (Note that the SB3 and DAC have their own custom power supplies, so they're essentially isolated from the main circuit.)

For a more detailed look at what's in my system, click on the link below.

I use a 240v substation with a 1200. I love them. Work awsome in my system. Some don't like them...power conditioners are system dependent (ears) like everything else. I might sell mine to replace with newer (just to keep it fresh) if you have any interest.

Is this the Richard Gray product? I would hope it wouldn't have a negative affect on the system. I figured it would do nothing, if my power is good, or
improve the performance of the system if the power is sub par. I'm not really
looking at this option to achieve better sound, just stop unwanted noise from
household appliances from affecting the sound.

I am, and I'm very happy with it. I actually replaced a Monster HT5000 with it and a good UPS. The Richard Gray substation has the TV, video image processor, Sunfire TGP-5, and Sunfire TGA-7400 amp plugged into it (there are only 4 plugs). I've got the ML summits, theater center, descent sub and UPS plugged into the main circuit, and everything else (Tivos, SB3 and DAC, network switches, etc) plugged into the UPS. (Note that the SB3 and DAC have their own custom power supplies, so they're essentially isolated from the main circuit.)

For a more detailed look at what's in my system, click on the link below.

KCL,

Got it. Do you know if the load side has an option to be directly wired to?
My Thought was to place something near my main electrical Panel, hook it into the panel, and wire the two runs that go to my room into it.

Is this the Richard Gray product? I would hope it wouldn't have a negative affect on the system. I figured it would do nothing, if my power is good, or
improve the performance of the system if the power is sub par. I'm not really
looking at this option to achieve better sound, just stop unwanted noise from
household appliances from affecting the sound.

As far as I'm concerned, ALL power conditioners affect the sound. Even if you "clean" the power it still affects the sound. I'm not saying bad but it does change the sound. I do believe that you should listen to the effect on your system before you purchase unless you are familiar with the Richard Gray equipment. BTW I am a HUGE fan of it. PM with any other questions if needed.

I use RGPC gear. I have a Substation w/ my Rotel 1090, 1095, 1050, and Descent plugged into it.

Then I have a 400 Pro in parallel with the substation (they say it will clean the power of the whole circuit) and the 400 has the Pole Pig plugged into it. All my front end gear is isolated on the Pole Pig and protected by the 400.

Then I have a 400 Mk II on the other side of the system with my ML Prodigy and Theater plugged into it as well as a UPS for my Sony RPTV...

I love my Richard Gray Power Company gear! Oh, I have another 400 in the bedroom protecting the Sony plasma and the Bose Lifestyle 50 (flame on! :D ) for that 5.1 system!

I use RGPC gear. I have a Substation w/ my Rotel 1090, 1095, 1050, and Descent plugged into it.

Then I have a 400 Pro in parallel with the substation (they say it will clean the power of the whole circuit) and the 400 has the Pole Pig plugged into it. All my front end gear is isolated on the Pole Pig and protected by the 400.

Then I have a 400 Mk II on the other side of the system with my ML Prodigy and Theater plugged into it as well as a UPS for my Sony RPTV...

I love my Richard Gray Power Company gear! Oh, I have another 400 in the bedroom protecting the Sony plasma and the Bose Lifestyle 50 (flame on! :D ) for that 5.1 system!

You are indeed protected.:D Did you notice any dramatic change in SQ?

As far as I'm concerned, ALL power conditioners affect the sound. Even if you "clean" the power it still affects the sound. I'm not saying bad but it does change the sound. I do believe that you should listen to the effect on your system before you purchase unless you are familiar with the Richard Gray equipment. BTW I am a HUGE fan of it. PM with any other questions if needed.

For additional fun, try to listen with only certain components in your system connected to it. The effect may be beneficial to some components and detrimental to others. I had a CD player that lost all sparkle and airiness when connected to my Shunyata Hydra. At the end of the day, another source of combinatorial experimentation! :D

You are indeed protected.:D Did you notice any dramatic change in SQ?

I changed EVERYTHING except the speakers all at once, so there is no way to attribute the changes (massive) that I heard to any one item. I went from Pioneer Elite Receiver to all Rotel seperates with TONS more power along w/ the RGPC gear all at once...

Back