ReQuest vs Summit

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tommy

Reaction score
I am building a designated home theater/ listening room next summer, which I have started to plan for. I put my ReQuest's up for sale as they are collecting dust in the basement as my current small listening room were overpowered by them. My current setup is ML Aerius i fronts, Theater center, Scripts surrounds, and two Descent subs, with Theta Carmen DVD drive, Theta Casanova, and EAD Powermaster 2000 amps. My plan was to buy Summit's for the front (and use the Aerius i for the back or buy the Vantage), but after reading Threads from Summit sceptics, I am considering saving the money and keeping the ReQuests for the front (I'm a midrange lover). I can borrow brand new Summits next month from the dealer (in Norway), and I probably wont be able to break them in until I have to make a decision. And a guy is really eager to buy my ReQuests now. Recommendations anyone?

Last edited:
My plan was to buy Summit's for the front (and use the Aerius i for the back or buy the Vantage), but after reading Threads from Summit sceptics, I am considering saving the money and keeping the ReQuests for the front (I'm a midrange lover). I can borrow brand new Summits next month from the dealer (in Norway), and I probably wont be able to break them in until I have to make a decision. And a guy is really eager to buy my ReQuests now. Recommendations anyone?<!-- / message --><!-- edit note -->
My recommendation is that you stick with your plan. You won't be dissapointed. If you're a mid-range lover then don't turn the bass up so much on the Summits or Descents.

Back