Replacement for Stage?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beachbound

Reaction score
I am sure this question has been asked many times before, but curious if there is any word on a replacement for the Stage? My dealer has been hounding ML for such a speaker, that may blend even better with the Summit X and the CLX's! So far, no word...I will continue to anxiously wait! Thanks!!

Think how old the stage is now, there is for sure something in the works that's all hush hush top secret. When the new center ch does come out I think it wont be good enough to blend with the clx or summit. Its a center c h and most are designed to sit under a little cheezy display and look cute. I personally think they should let us choose and give us a monster thats designed to be on the floor sitting under a projection screen in a real HT environment after all its the most important speaker in that scenario

Unfortunately, any replacement for the Stage is likely to follow the same recipe of a wide horizontal design mixing ESL, a Tweeter and a pair of woofers.

As that's what most people can fit under/over their flat-panel TVs.

A true center channel for an ML setup needs to be a vertical panel plus woofers, and you either use it with nothing in front of it (i.e. no video) or if you must have video, then use an acoustically transparent screen. Which BTW, is the best way to set up an HT regardless of speaker tech, but a must-have if going with ML's.

After being frustrated with the lack of a 'real' center, I designed and built my own. And so can anyone else truly motivated to have the best center, I documented the whole story in this classic thread.

Here's a gratuitous pic of what I still believe to be the most unique and high-performing ML center around:

Final3QtrView_sml.JPG

Back