recovered from the Storm

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twich54

Forum Administrator
Reaction score
Anybody else along the east coast get hit wih power outages from Tue evenings nasty front that moved through ?

Our power went out 1940 hrs on Tue , just came back on @0700 this AM.

I've been on generator duty the past 36 hours in order to keep both refregirators up and running.

Lots of storms here in Michigan I lost power sunday evening about 9:30 and got it back tuesday at 11:00 am. there were about 350,000 without power as of this morning there were still 80,000 out.

Our power went out 1940 hrs on Tue , just came back on @0700 this AM.

last winter we had a bad one, out for 23 hours. my only source of music was a wind up radio.

so i had a guy selling his depth bring it over and we did the deal in my living room by candlelight :)

Lots of storms here in Michigan I lost power sunday evening about 9:30 and got it back tuesday at 11:00 am. there were about 350,000 without power as of this morning there were still 80,000 out.

I was out for 30 hours. My neighbors behind us for 4 days. The guy I sit next to at work has been out since Friday.

yes, lucky we were home or all would have been lost in the 'frig' !

A lesson I learned (the hard way) years ago, when widespread power outages occur, unplug or throw breakers for your major appliances that have high voltage / current demand upon start-up. Power surges, up and down, when the power comes back can wreck havock on fridges, AC's, well pumps,etc.

Back