Recommended - The Absolute Sound #197

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craig

Reaction score
Most audio magazines are mainly reviews of the latest component of the month or the next best thing. I enjoy reading reviews of audio gear including the exotic pieces that cost more than the average car. However, this months issue #197 of The Absolute Sound goes way beyond just publishing the usual audio gear reviews and the latest ads. It is full of many articles on how to get the most from the gear and system you have.

This is prime welcome content you don't find very often in these magazines and a welcome improvement that provides useful information on how to place speakers in a room, Tuning bass, setup a subwoofer, understanding computer based music, where to find high-rez downloads, understanding bass interaction in a room, the ins and outs of cables, interconnects, basics on DSP room correction, and so on and so on.

One of my qualms about audio magazines is the lack of content on setup and use of the equipment they rave about and mostly leave you with many equipment reviews and glorified ads. Interesting to read, but alone it doesn't help much improve my audio reproduction knowledge.

I'm impressed with this issue and highly recommend it if you're interested in learning a thing or two about many low to no costs tweaks that can elevate the performance level of your existing system!

Last edited:
no matter how good the 'on-line' publications are having something tangible to hold is also a plus, I don't always agree with the written content but do enjoy the read.

I'm with you Dave, sort of like having real album covers. I really like Jeff's work with Tone audio, but sometimes I just need to hold something in my hands. Besides, I never take my laptop into the bathroom!

Latest posts

Back