Quest and Aerius i's Washing Panels

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jeff Zaret said:
Dan,
Does the cleaning staff wear rain coats or do they clean "al fresco"? :eek:

Jeff
based on my experiences of washing the greyhound in the shower, the only way to do a proper job is to get right in the shower with the mess of legs, fur, legs, tail and more legs. And that means sans everything but what God gave me.

however when i started doing that, it required the additional preliminary step of hiding every camera in the house...

i don't imagine snaps of me in the shower ... "al fresco" ... with the CLS panels would be any less incriminating than ones of me and the dog, so i'd be hiding the cameras there too.

reminds me of the Gene WIlder scene from Woody Allen's Everything You Wanted To Know ....

I was hoping to get some reposne here. :D :D :D
LOL
Yes the thought of "al fresco" is a bit daunting but with the CLS panels, I would think a pair of shorts or a bathing suit is in order since a typical "wife-unit" would probably think you are now a candidate for the rubber room! :eek:
I have not "washed" my CLS panels yet, still a bit apprehensive.

Jeff

Jeff Zaret said:
... since a typical "wife-unit" would probably think you are now a candidate for the rubber room! :eek:
oh that ship is well past sailing time.

Jeff Zaret said:
I have not "washed" my CLS panels yet, still a bit apprehensive.
on that note, jeff - do your panels have the tape along the top edge? (maybe bottom too, i haven't looked there, my days of listening while face down on the floor are over :))

that tape seems to hold the panels together, i do not want to have the whole things come apart in the tub.

the other big fear is the procedure to remove the CLS panels. has anyone on this forum actually tried it yet?

As far as my memory goes, :eek: , I think it does.
I no longer have a wife-unit but I still think some type of cover-up for the shower is in order and yes I think I also am a card carrying member of th enut house. :D

Jeff

From Memory, you get better "Frequent Flyer Miles" from
"All Aussies Are Nuts" :D

you should apply if you want to become one of us :eek:
one of us !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
one of US !!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers
Steve

Just a note, I am an Australian, relocated to Hong kong, then relocated to Switzerland.
See they accept us anywhere in the WORLD :cool:

Wahing Panels

I recently picked up a pair of Aerius' from an old college professor of mine. They were dirt cheap, but they have a problem; dirt. So wash the panels? I had a lengthy discussion with a very helpful women from Martin Logan about cleaning my panels. She told me to first try using high pressure air, which can be as high as 120PSI without ill effects. As far as washing is concerned, she said to pull the panels and put them is the shower to wash off dust and debris, then let dry for a week or so (depending on the humidity). I would recomend buying a jug of deionized, or distilled water for a final rinse to help elimenate water spots. Also aviod any solvent or alcohol based products as they will remove the dielectric from the panel membrane.
So did it work? To a small degree yes, but I think my panels were just too far gone, so I think I'll put them to rest, pop the 400 bucks and just get some new ones.
My advice is if compressed air wont fix the problem, then don't waste your time.

Cheers, Sean

Back