"Quantum Tunnelling"?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bernard

Reaction score
I was just looking at an ad for a Summit X on Audiogon, and in the description the guy says:

"I had Synergistic Research quantum tunnel the speakers’ transformers.", and they supposedly sound better.

Does anyone know what this is all about?

The only time I have heard this phrase used is in quantum mechanics. This is when a particle travels through (tunnels) another.

When in doubt, Google it! From the Synergistic Website:

Quantum Tunneling is a process that changes the way a cable conducts signal at the subatomic level, affecting the entire cable assembly: connectors (RCA, XLR, spade, or banana), solder joints, dielectric, and signal & ground conductors are all transformed and integrated as a single unit. By applying a two million volt signal to a cable at a specific pulse modulation, and ultra high frequency for an exact duration of time, we transform the entire cable at a molecular level through a phenomenon called Quantum Tunneling. This process is performed on all TESLA Series cables, from Galileo Basik Strings and Au 79 and Magnetic Tricon to Apex, and can be applied to models not Quantum Tunneled for an additional charge. The before and after is startling, with a lower noise floor and improvements in inner detail, air, low frequency extension, and overall transparency and signal speed.

Grains of skepticism in order here. It Is one of my fields of expertise and employment after all. (molecular engineering)

J

Are you saying bucket loads of grains or something more oderous. Either way I think you are on the right track.( or is that a left track?)

J

Are you saying bucket loads of grains or something more oderous. Either way I think you are on the right track.( or is that a left track?)

J
What's the difference between humor and odor? Humor is a shift of wit.

"I had Synergistic Research quantum tunnel the speakers’ transformers.", and they supposedly sound better.

Bernard, sorry my previous posts had gotten 'off track'..........now with respect to the quote above, I assume the obligatory 500 hr break-in was done........:devil:

Bernard, sorry my previous posts had gotten 'off track'..........now with respect to the quote above, I assume the obligatory 500 hr break-in was done........:devil:
Dave, I don't know. How long does it take to go through a tunnel ? :)

From what I have been told on this forum . . . if you haven't heard it, you don't have an opinion. Unfortunately, that statement doesn't really fit into the train metaphor, so I'll just keep chugging along.

Back