Prodigy Upgrade?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Peter,

Since my cdp is down :mad:I will probably pullout the crossover this weekend and see if i'm missing anything to this picture.
Give me something to do.

Best,
Bob

Hi Bob, what happened with your AMR? When you say "down", I assume you mean it's more than just a little depressed.

Cheers

Hi Peter,

Since my cdp is down :mad:I will probably pullout the crossover this weekend and see if i'm missing anything to this picture.
Give me something to do.

Best,
Bob

Pull out the front woofer as well; you may find more parts in there; this is where the woofer crossover is in the O's

Peter

Hi Bob, what happened with your AMR? When you say "down", I assume you mean it's more than just a little depressed.

Cheers

Hi Todd,

Don't know what happened. When you turn the player on the screen always says optimizing voltage but for some reason it seemed to take longer than normal then I noticed it said operation out of voltage range which is when I quickly turned it off.

I did notice that when it is operating normally you would hear 3 clicks like an amp when it goes through the relay schedule but now there is only one click and the tubes don't light up.

I spoke to the U.S. importer wife just recently and he is an airline pilot so assume he will contact me when he gets back home sometime tomorrow night.
Probably will have to send it back to Georgia where he lives.

Yeah this su-ks:mad:

Such is life I guess.

My Best,
Bob

I have a Prodigy with a saggy panel... :( Very sad. I need someone in the Austin area who knows how to come fix it for me!!! I'll provide beverages! ;) I still LOVE my Prodigy! I'd also love to upgrade my red LED to blue in my Ascent's some day!

Hello friends, I have been owning ML Prodigy speakers for 8 months (after Quest Z) and I am looking to replace the "poor" capacitors of the crossover. My Prodigy have good SOLEN MKP at the rear for high frequencies but bad BENNIC at the front for bass.
The capacity values are 2 x 330mF in parallel, 1 x 170mF, 1 x 100mF for this bass section.
I did not see anywhere a Prodigy crossover diagram so this is a problem to select which capacitor is more important to replace... For example : 2 x 330mF = 660mF, a big capacity and a very expensive replacement for Mundorf or competitors cap manufactors.
Has anybody the schematic cross over of these Prodigy speakers ?
Has anybody experienced the caps replacement ? Tell me... Thank you and regards.

Wadia 861 CD player, GOLDMUND T3 arm turntable, Encore phono CELLO preamplifier, HTA-3 CELLO amplifier, MIT cables

OK, I managed myself and was very happy to receive from Scott at Martin Logan, the schematic crossover diagram of Prodigy. So I changed first the 170mF and 100mF original chemical capacitors for good SCR PKP caps. For information, SCR makes capacitors for... Mundorf. So I got white SCR caps made for Mundorf. To replace the 170mF I used 3x56mF capacitors which are quite big but tooked place juste above the big self in the front case. The 2x330mF BENNIC are a big and expensive problem if you want to replace them. They are in serial with the front bass so very sensitive I think. Scott told me that they use 2x330mF SOLEN MKP capacitors in the Statement speakers, but not in the affordabled Prodigy. They cost around 100 euros each and they exactly size a Coke can, so you have to stick then on the front inside baffle, no other place ! I ordered them and I will come back to you to tell what about the sound improvement... For the moment, replacing the 170mF and 100mF parallel capacitors give a better dynamic response.

Back