Prodigy binding posts

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobF

Reaction score
Hello all,

What do you recommend for binding post change out on the Prodigy's?I have had them for six years and the plastic on the posts is long gone and I noticed the posts tend to turn a bit so I am very carefull with them.
For the cost i think these are weak at best.
Since i will have to take the back panel off I figured I might as well get some better posts.
Looking for suggestions and am fine with tools and soldering as I have changed out panels when I had my old Sequels.I have been very carefull with them so it is not because of abuse.

Thank you,
Bob

One option I would consider are a new set of binding posts from Martin Logan. I don't know what posts were used on the Prodigies but I like the posts on the Ascents, Odysseys, Aeons and Summits. They might be a good stock fit and look on the Prodigies.

If you want to go aftermarket, two companies that make quality binding posts are WBT and Vampire Wire.

http://www.wbtusa.com/pages/products.html

http://www.vampirewire.com/c-16-binding-post.aspx

I had the plastic break off a couple of posts on an SL3 after 7 years. I really liked them so I got replacements from ML. The design is great - there is a plastic "nipple" that fits into a hole in the cabinet so that you can do up the post tight without it rotating. You would not get the same fit with a binding post from another vendor, but there may well be some other scheme to prevent rotation.

My origiginal Sequels have Tiffany binding posts--argueably some of the finest binding posts ever made. They started to get loos on me about 2 years ago, and I opened up the electronics box and just tightened the nuts on the inside, and put a dab of LocTite on the threads. They'll probably stay wiggle-free now for another decade or more... ;)

And since I'm using cables with bananas (Nordosts) rather than spades (I used to use Monster M-1's with those HUGE Monster spades), the binding posts will probably stay tight even longer now!

Too bad Tiffany went under. They made FANTASTIC connectors of all types.

--Richard

Thank you all for your responses.I will check out these different recommendations.

Regards,Bob

Back