Problems with Sequel II

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoboRob

Reaction score
My Sequel II's have lost their high tones!!! When I unplug the mains and then plug it back in, high is back but only briefly... The internal red led only comes on shortly and then switches back off... It think my circuit to detect if the speakers should be switched on (and input signal is present) is broken. Does anyone has a trouble shooting guide, hints or tips or a circuit diagram to solve this?

your help would be highly appreciated!!!

regards,
Rob.

Last edited:
HELP is there no one who can help with trouble shooting tips, part replacements or a circuit diagram??? I've already tried to swap the LM324AM for a new one but that didn't solve my problem. I noticed some sort of test switch on the circuit box but pressing it doesn't cause an improvement (or temporarily high tones). The led behind the stators do light up though if I press the switch but no recovery of high notes. Only temporarily removing the main power does return the high notes for a minute or so...

PS it would already help if I knew how to bypass the signal sensing auto switch mechanism to get my high notes back...

thanks for any help,
Rob
The Netherlands

Last edited:
Sounds like it is possible that you need to replace the panels. But it could be a problem in your electronics as well. Lots of info. on this site if you spend some time researching and reading previous threads. People get tired of answering the same questions over and over again, which is probably why you haven't gotten a lot of response to this thread. Ultimately, ML customer support will be able to give you the best info. anyway and it looks like you are headed down that road. Good luck with it.

Hi Rich,

I don't think it is the panel (this time). Since the high notes are back temporarily when I replace unplug and then reconnect the main power. The panel are clear for appr. 60 seconds and then fade to away. I think it is the electronics (high voltage circuit being switched off by the music sense circuit). Unfortenately there isn't much on this forum on the electronics. I haven't been able to find any circuit diagrams (schematics) of the electronics of the Sequel or have I found any troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue...

Again any help is welcom (even a pointer to a related thread).

(So far no response from Melodie ;-( )

At the end the problem seems to be caused by the power frequency in Europe (50Hz) versus the US (60Hz). Appearantly these speakers can't deal with the difference in mains frequency. The help of the ML service department was great, they were able to diagnose the problem and direct me to a solution (the European import company www.audioquartet.com)

regards,
Rob.

50Hz vs. 60Hz

Hi Rob,

may I ask YOu, what the Solution was?
Did You have the Upper Notes back ??

Cheers,
Darko

I had the speaker exported from the States to the Netherlands when I returned from a expat job. Apparently the USA high voltage circuit board don't work in the Netherlands due to the 60Hz versus 50Hz setup. I got the circuit boards swapped to European boards and all is fine now. PS I have Ascents instead of Sequels ;-)

Back