Preamp for my Ascent i's and CJ Premier 140?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Metric

Reaction score
Any suggestions? I have been looking at the CJ Premier 16LS and 17LS. Curious if anyone out there has heard this combo?

Best regards,
Perry
NORWAY

I own the Premier 17 LS2, the premier 140, and a pair of Ascents. They sound great together. But they sound even better bi-amped with a solid state amp running the woofers. This allows the 140 to work its magic on the panels unimpeded by bass duty, and the SS amp controls the woofer with more authority.

The 17 LS2 is a great match for the premier 140. Highly recommend.

I own the Premier 17 LS2, the premier 140, and a pair of Ascents. They sound great together. But they sound even better bi-amped with a solid state amp running the woofers. This allows the 140 to work its magic on the panels unimpeded by bass duty, and the SS amp controls the woofer with more authority.

The 17 LS2 is a great match for the premier 140. Highly recommend.

Thanks!
I have been looking at a CJ Premier 17LS. There's one for sale locally. Do you think there are very noticable differences between the 17LS and the 17LS2?
I am also looking for a cheap amp doing a good job powering the woofers. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
I have been looking at a CJ Premier 17LS. There's one for sale locally. Do you think there are very noticable differences between the 17LS and the 17LS2?
I am also looking for a cheap amp doing a good job powering the woofers. Any suggestions?

Huge difference between those two the LS2 is way better , I would look for a good used CT-5 you can find them for 4500 or so on the Gon

Thanks!

Can't comment on the differences as I haven't heard the LS. As for a cheap amp, I used the Outlaw Audio 2200 monoblocs, which are 200 wpc and only $700 for the pair. You can't beat their performance for anywhere near that price. And their gain is only one db higher than the premier 140, which makes them a pretty clean match without having to use a volume switch.

Latest posts

Back