power cord?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually Bernard what I was refrencing was the "mega dollar" PC and the lack of knowledge with respect to what is between it and the incoming serice lines to ones breaker box / panel.

FWIW, my oldest son is a die hard audiophile, serious DIY'er, etc.

Actually Bernard what I was refrencing was the "mega dollar" PC and the lack of knowledge with respect to what is between it and the incoming serice lines to ones breaker box / panel.
I do realize that, Dave. Perhaps I should not have quoted your post.

Fishman,

The reason manfacturers don't include a good pc with equipment is that it would drive the cost upwards quite a bit. For ML to add 2 good pc's in with the speakers competing with other brands that don't require pc's would put them in an awkward sales position.Don't be surprised ML sends out cheap pc's with their speakers, amp manufacturers have been doing that all along. They are best not taken out of the packing box.

More so to the point, when I installed the Foundation Research pc's, you may laugh ,but it was hearing nuaunces in every disc and a new level of clarity, soundstaging , etc,that wasn't like that before there insertion in the system . They are pricey at around $900 per cord, but well worth every penny.I 2nd the suggestion that you borrow some pc's from the cable company and form your own opinion.Since you have invested a lot of $$ into your speakers, do the same on the pc's and hear what you have been missing out on.

If you can't find the Foundation Reserch cord , I would highly recommend the Blue circle BC 68 cord which is similar to the Foundation Research cord with built in power conditionning.

Cheers

Last edited:
Audioquest AC15 H/W

As with all cable discussions, this is a hot one. I did, however, discover some Audioquest AC15 H/W powercables for only $39 bucks on Audiogon right now. HCM Audio is selling them, so I'm almost certain they do the terminations but for that price, heck, it doesn't cover the cost of me buying the raw materials and making them myself.

Again, not saying power cables make a difference, but if a couple of your cables are looking a little shabby or something......this could be the way to go.

Back