Power cables replacement

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

palexb

Reaction score
Hello,

At the moment I'm thinking to replace the Vantage standard power cables.

Concerning yours experience what do you thing about this:
- Black Rhodium Fusion Mains Cable

Any one try silver power cables, results? Positive/Negative things

Thank you in advance

in terms of 'priority' replacing your speakers power cables would be mighty low on the list IMO. There are so many more important pieces to the puzzle........room acoustics, overall synergy of components, etc. Now if you feel they are the weakest link in your system then by all means it's your $$, but not knowing you, I'd still bet they are not !!

definitively you were right. My list is far to be completed, we never do. ;-) I just thought on this, because I'm preparing to buy the power cable to my pré-amplifier, and thought to order additional meter's to my recent pearls.

But you were right.

So, you think that I could n ´t have any significant benefits replacing this, right?

I have heard silver power cables, but they were on amps so the result was probably more significant. I have never had the chance to do an a/b with a set of speakers that need power cables. My Theos just have a little power supply so I cant even get better cables for those.

remember folks, in a passive ELS like Theos, EM ESL, the power connection is only so the panel holds a fixed charge so muisc is not on it at all. Ones with amps (Ethos on up) can be more affected by power cables. well designed fully shielded power cables should be enough of an upgrade for a passive ESL which does open up options for some inexpensive good brands without breaking bank. On the EM ESL, Theos, it is only 16 volts going to the speaker and it is then stepped up internally.

Wireworld power cords are great and I think for me its a significant upgrade living in an apartment. The entry level wireworld stratus are great for not alot of money. Instead of the convention round design with expensive materials the ww cords are flat and have a built in conditioning in the line. I personally like the Electra's as I moved onto those after finding out just how much of a diff the entry Stratus cords made. If you move up the line in the power cords though you do get less of a return on your money, if your buying fancy ic's etc.. then your putting the horse before the cart if you do not invest in clean power

Last edited:
Wireworld power cords are great

so you're selling brand new cables in the box for half of msrp and you still think they are great ???? wow......how did you make out in Economics 101 ??

Sorry 'projector'......just bustin your stones a wee bit !!

power cord for Descent i

When using an after market power cord, I noticed that since Descent i has only two prongs (no ground), the new power cord is a little loose.

How do you make it to stay tight. What aftermarket power cord would you use or suggest for a Descent i ?

so you're selling brand new cables in the box for half of msrp and you still think they are great ???? wow......how did you make out in Economics 101 ??

Sorry 'projector'......just bustin your stones a wee bit !!

I got free cables from my dealer because I bought alot of pricey gear from him. There are many wireworld models that I own, the Stratus I have for sale are on close out for the newer more pricey line. The Electra's I have are just fantastic and are the 2010 absolute sound power cable of the year but my Aurora ac cords are pretty sweet too and are the favorite among the line. Everything in my chain is wireworld but ...thanks for plugging me cords for sale captain !1 arrrr

I use shielded mains cables with good furutech connectors , don`t think there is a lot of mileage in expensive cables but I do plug mine into a sigmas mains conditioner

Back