Power and the Sequel II's

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sixpak2go

Reaction score
I'm the new owner of a beautiful pair of Sequel II's. I have a Panamax 5100 power conditioner with a number of switched outlets. Is it a good idea to plug the speakers into the switch outlets of the power conditioner so the panels discharge and don't attract dust? :confused:

I'm the new owner of a beautiful pair of Sequel II's. I have a Panamax 5100 power conditioner with a number of switched outlets. Is it a good idea to plug the speakers into the switch outlets of the power conditioner so the panels discharge and don't attract dust? :confused:

I don't know about the Sequel II speakers, but ALL the newer models (even back to my Aerius i that are at least 7 years old now and probably closer to 10 years old (I sold them last Dec, and never checked so i don't know how old they are) all had power supplies that automatically switched off after a few minutes of no signal. If your Sequel DO NOT switch of I would certainly consider putting them on a switched power supply for the very reason you stated...

I own a pair of the older Sequel's (still love them) and the panels do not shut off. What I have done is run them into a power strip and the power strip into my power conditioner on the switch outlet so the panels shut down when not in use.

My owner's manual for my original (but apparently later model) Sequels says they power themselves down in steps with no signal. I put them on a switched outlet, anyway. It definitely takes the better part of an album for the magic to reemerge after having them powered down for a long time.

The Sequel II's did have the auto-sensing circuit but to be perfectly sure write done the serial numbers of the electronics box and either call Jim p or eamil him at the ML factory. [email protected]

I too have a pair of Sequel II's and they have the auto-sensing circuit.

Good Luck

Jeff:cool:

I own a pair of the older Sequel's (still love them) and the panels do not shut off. What I have done is run them into a power strip and the power strip into my power conditioner on the switch outlet so the panels shut down when not in use.

This is exactly what I do too.

The "auto shut off device" was added to my sequel II's when I brought them to the workshop for maintenance ( in fact, exchanging the ESL panels).

Since then, I must admit the panels have remained much cleaner than before.

The auto-power feature came during the Sequel II's lifespan. I believe it was a $150 upgrade, but I never had it done. Instead I spent the money and dramatically improved the woofer integration ;-)

Power cut-off was available in Sequels if you purchased a replacement power supply. This was usually done in conjunction with the replacement of the panels. The feature was added after the start of Sequel II manufacture.

Latest posts

Back