Power Amp for Martin Logan Sources

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmp

Reaction score
I purchased a pair of Martin Logan Sources a few months ago, under the misguided advice from both Martin Logan and the seller (Audio Advisor) that my Music Hall a25.2 integrated amp (specs at http://www.musichallaudio.com/product_files/a252/a25.2.pdf) would be able to drive them comfortably.

There is absolutely no question that these speakers sound fantastic, and that they were a great upgrade on my previous ones (Sound Dynamic 300ti.) However, pretty soon it became apparent that there was a problem, consisting of random audio dropouts on both channels when playing any audio source at medium to low volumes.

I conducted extensive testing on speaker wires, interconnects, audio sources, etc. I even sent my integrated amp for "repair," in case there was a problem with the circuitry or binding posts... They couldn't find anything. After emailing back and forth with ML tech support, the latter concluded that the problem was my amp not feeding enough power to the speakers. Which was kind of upsetting, as I had been very deliberate in asking both the seller and ML about this issue prior to the purchase.

Be it as it may, I now find myself having to buy a power amp that fits nicely with both the Music Hall a25.2 integrated amp (which can function as a pre-amp) and the Sources.

I have seen many recommendations on this website but, considering my budget (I don't want to go over $1000), I have narrowed them down to the following:

- Odyssey Khartago
- Emotiva XPA-2
- Parasound 2125

Of these, it looks like the Odyssey would be the most "sophisticated" option, but I am open to suggestions.

Back