Plugging speakers/amps in the wall

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gordon

Reaction score
I'm sure this has been covered and I tried a search. I must not be using the right key words.

My new audio rack (BillyBags) is being hopefully delivered next week I'd like to take this opportunity to clean up my rats nest while it is all apart. Right now I have a RGPC 600 which has all the front end and speakers plugged into it. I'm considering a RGPC Pole Pig for the front end and using the 600 for my amps and speakers. I have a dedicated 20 Amp circuit with 4 outlets.

I don't like the idea of plugging my amps or speakers directly into the wall only because of no surge suppression. My direction on this is unclear right now and if there is another direction/idea or component to try, I'd like to hear some.

I'm sure this has been covered and I tried a search. I must not be using the right key words.

My new audio rack (BillyBags) is being hopefully delivered next week I'd like to take this opportunity to clean up my rats nest while it is all apart. Right now I have a RGPC 600 which has all the front end and speakers plugged into it. I'm considering a RGPC Pole Pig for the front end and using the 600 for my amps and speakers. I have a dedicated 20 Amp circuit with 4 outlets.

I don't like the idea of plugging my amps or speakers directly into the wall only because of no surge suppression. My direction on this is unclear right now and if there is another direction/idea or component to try, I'd like to hear some.

I have not heard the product you mention, but with your excellent system, everything will make a difference. It's pretty much subjective, so you may need to try different products. The cable company is a good place to start for recommendations, but I would go beyond what they recommend also. Shunyata is the industry standard right now, but will it be to your taste? There is also a lot of stuff that does better job per dollar, like ESP.

Also, a lot of people recommend keeping the amps plugged into the walls. The reasons are that the current flow may be constrained by the conditioner, and the amps don't get fried as badly as the preamps and digital equipment during a surge. Money may be spent on a higher quality conditioner instead for those items.

Good Luck

David-
RGPC= Richard Gary Power Center

Gordon-
Why not a soloist from PS Audio- low costs and some extra protection?
Nik

Latest posts

Back