PLC / power strip recommend

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gordon Gray

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Need a recommend for something under $200 new or a used device (Gon) under $200. This is for a budding audiophile working with a tight budget.

Thanks in advance for the input.

GG

Hello Gordon,

http://www.psaudio.com/ps/products/detail/juicebar-ii

This product is not a PLC but rather a power strip that I use with my dedicated 20 amp outlets. It is built very well and comes with a detachable power cord that can be upgraded at a later date if you choose. There is nothing that limits the current so amplifiers will not be restrained except with what the wall outlet will put out. The power in my area is pretty stable and fairly clean so I wanted an industrial strength power strip that would function like an aftermarket wall outlet, but with several receptacles. The PS Audio Juice Bar provided that at the $200 price. Again it will not protect anything, but it will allow the full current to pass from the wall through the Juice Bar and into the componets. Since my equipment is Ayre, they recommend to not use any PLC but rather plug it straight into the wall. Just to let you know I bought mine for $99 straight from PS Audio during Christmas when they had a sale. He may want to ask about a "B" stock one if he chooses to try it out. Hope this helps.

Glen

Attachments

• juice_bar_2.jpg
    juice_bar_2.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 155
Bought a Juice Bar last week

I bought a Juice Bar II last week.
Works very well with my Audio Research tube gear.

Note: Music Direct has them for $119 now.

Bill

Back