Pimped my Aerius i

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jerr2501

Reaction score
just finished my 'Powered Aeriusi' project and thought I'd show 'em off.

I mounted Bryston PP120s to the backs of them with custom plates.
I did this so no new holes would have to be made in the speakers.
I also custom made silver jumpers and dual IEC power splitters so I only have to run 1 power cable to each speaker.

Check out the pics:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/14825573@N03/3040756999/in/set-72157609372106694/

I also hand made new side rails out of solid Padouk (looks like Mahogany).

For anyone that's interested, I'm also selling my Logos center channel and another Bryston PP120 ...please see the classifieds.

Nice but whats the reason to mount the amp to them. Pics of the rails too would be nice !
Explain your goals with this as Im a bit :confused:

A few benefits actually:

-Extremely short speaker cables = improved amp/speaker interaction and saved $ on speaker cables. Bryston (and every expert I know) recommend placing amps close to speakers and running long interconnects, preferably balanced.

-Bulky/hot amp 'dissapears'. The equivalent to the Bryston pp120s is a 3bst which which would eat up quite a bit of space on my shelf.

-Added weight to the speaker cabinet reduces resonance.

-As mentioned, I'm running power cables to the Aerius anyway, so It's the proverbial 2 birds with one stone thing.

I like what you did

can you control the power to the speaker for the low end ???

a built in EQ for the low range would be nice while you are at it.

Thanks Fish.

I guess if I really wanted to make them active instead of just powered, I could have used separate amplification for the woofer and panel, each with its own active crossover, then take the passive crossovers right out of the cabinet.
That would make for extreme fine tuning of the crossover points and would probably sound great.

I opted for keeping it simple though. IMO the Aerius' passive crossover does a seamless job of integrating the woofer with the panel anyway.

Back