Picture thread - Your pictures of your MLs!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No - it's not a 'Logan, but it is piano black:

My Whise Profounder 119 sub........

Attachments

• IMG_0770.jpg
    IMG_0770.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 370
Piano Black Kills

James, that is not piano black...THIS IS! =)

Ok, I am in love. Does anyone know of a way to put this on a pair of existing Ascents. Is it possible? Would it cost a arm and a leg or just a leg? Can this be a DIY thang? Just love em.

Doug - out

Take said panels off the speakers and remove grill. Take to your local body shop have them sprayed with base clear its as good as Lacquer. with out the work.

Take said panels off the speakers and remove grill. Take to your local body shop have them sprayed with base clear its as good as Lacquer. with out the work.

I've been thinking about getting it done to my ReQuests too, but I've read a bunch of other threads that it cost ML sooo much to create this finish that it's not worth it for them to do it anymore. And other threads state that it cost and arm AND a leg...and then some. I also read that you do not want to DIY because its extreemly difficult to get it done right. Can anyone elaborate what the real deal is? (cost and such). Gracias!

Wow - photographing piano black is hard - especially in a corner, inside, with limited lighting options!! Here's my best try:

Attachments

• IMG_0822ms.jpg
    IMG_0822ms.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 333
James, that is not piano black...THIS IS! =)

That is FREAKING AWESOME!!!!!! I LOVE THOSE! I have never seen that before. Was that a factory special deal, or did someone do that aftermarket? It looks GREAT!

Are they Ascent? I'll trade you my Ascent for yours! ;)

I've been thinking about getting it done to my ReQuests too, but I've read a bunch of other threads that it cost ML sooo much to create this finish that it's not worth it for them to do it anymore. And other threads state that it cost and arm AND a leg...and then some. I also read that you do not want to DIY because its extreemly difficult to get it done right. Can anyone elaborate what the real deal is? (cost and such). Gracias!
It wont be cheap , if you want it clean. Its a matter of wet sanding and polishing and that costs $$$ . Any hand work on tight corners is laborious and must be done by hand.That brings the cost up ,... but man that looks good.

I agree with CAP it is a lot of labor.
You MUST be sure the panels are very flat before even beginning this process. Every wave, dent, ding or hollow area will stand right out. You also face the inevitable sand-thurs of the finish in early stages.

The fact that it is fussy work, plan on having your speakers apart much longer than you think. Spraying polyester material is not for the faint of heart if you were thinking of doing it your self.

That said, if you are mechanical, have lots of patients and have no problems with DIY projects it is possible even if you have a body shop spray them and you do all the sanding and polishing.

Good luck with them feel free to ask questions if needed.

Back