Piano distortion on ML Vantage

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will certainly look into this and further improve my settings. Thanks for your suggestions. So far I think I got it fairly good. Not so unlike the placement I used for my Celestions. It is a golden ratio (as recommended in the Vantage manual) height (250) and distance from front wall to center of panel (155). As most houses in Norway it is wooden actually and the wall are acoustically good with a mixture of mid density paper/MDF from the sixties, wood and armed cast (if that makes sense in english, not plaster as in broken bones but fireproof plates on walls).

My brother in law had a 1895 baby grand Steinway (and a Hammond B3 with Leslie). Loved those, him playing Satie on the Steinway or having fun on B3 was great! We have a new but ordinary piano in house but I do not play (my wife do quite well). I go regulary to symphonic concerts and have that as reference. So thats might be the reason I was more aware of this than former owner (who has extremely good and expensive gear). The worst thing with his setup is his room.

Back