PBK download issue

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlos Austin

Reaction score
Hi all, got the PBK kit to use with my Impressions. When I go to download the file, and I enter the number from my pbk kit, I get a .cal file. I’ve tried to open it multiple ways, not sure what’s going on but I can’t get it to work. Any help appreciated, thank you.

I just remember loading that calibration file in the Anthem app. There is a step it asks you for the file and I saved it to a folder. Just load it when it asks you for it. The mic needs to be plugged in at the time, but im sure you have that. I had a problem on my Microsoft laptop and it would not recognize the microphone. i had to use another laptop. Its a known issue I found out. That was a few years back, so it might work now.

I just remember loading that calibration file in the Anthem app. There is a step it asks you for the file and I saved it to a folder. Just load it when it asks you for it. The mic needs to be plugged in at the time, but im sure you have that. I had a problem on my Microsoft laptop and it would not recognize the microphone. i had to use another laptop. Its a known issue I found out. That was a few years back, so it might work now.
Yes, thanks Robert. The directions on the product sheet are a bit outdated, I was able to figure it out after some trial and error. I did see where one may need to go in to the PC settings for the mic to work, mine did not have that issue. Thanks again.

Yes, thanks Robert. The directions on the product sheet are a bit outdated, I was able to figure it out after some trial and error. I did see where one may need to go in to the PC settings for the mic to work, mine did not have that issue. Thanks again.
That's good. There is an actual hardware incompatibility with Microsoft laptops and there is no way to make the microphone work on it. I'm glad you dont have that problem.

Back