Paul Ryan

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
47%.....give or take, I think this lady is part of the that number, however high or low !..............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpAOwJvTOio&feature=my_favorites&list=FLRQ9RA9o1fWJdZV1uGic5Ig

The real number, according to this article, is closer to 2.5 to 5%. Romney plays loosely with the facts in order to paint anyone voting democrat as a lazy mooch on society. Just another example of republicans ignoring reality in order to create fear among the rich that there is some huge subclass of the population that is trying to take all their wealth from them. Class warfare, plain and simple. Pretty despicable from someone who wants to be leader of the free world.

Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan insist they can cut everyone's taxes 20% and keep it revenue neutral, but they absolutely refuse to say how they plan to accomplish that, when most economists say it is complete hogwash! Ryan, supposedly the brilliant economic mathematician, has been given numerous opportunities to explain this issue, and bends over backwards squirming his way out of it. I'm thinking they would rather release ten years of Mitt's returns than to honestly address their tax proposal with the American People. Another example of the "Just Trust Me" candidate hiding behind lies and misrepresentations.

Paul Ryan Asked for Tax Math, Offers Gibberish

Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan insist they can cut everyone's taxes 20% and keep it revenue neutral, but they absolutely refuse to say how they plan to accomplish that, when most economists say it is complete hogwash! Ryan, supposedly the brilliant economic mathematician, has been given numerous opportunities to explain this issue, and bends over backwards squirming his way out of it. I'm thinking they would rather release ten years of Mitt's returns than to honestly address their tax proposal with the American People. Another example of the "Just Trust Me" candidate hiding behind lies and misrepresentations.

Paul Ryan Asked for Tax Math, Offers Gibberish

I loved it when he was asked to explain it, he said it was, "too complicated". When pressed for any details, his response was always, "it's too complicated".

I loved it when he was asked to explain it, he said it was, "too complicated". When pressed for any details, his response was always, "it's too complicated".

Politicians....don't you just love 'em........how about that Biden, for the most part Obama has him pretty much 'muzzled'. I do laugh at all the 'southpaws' that think Ryan is so bad and Biden is just a 'saint'.....LMAO !!

Politicians....don't you just love 'em........how about that Biden, for the most part Obama has him pretty much 'muzzled'. I do laugh at all the 'southpaws' that think Ryan is so bad and Biden is just a 'saint'.....LMAO !!

I don't think Biden is a saint by any means, but I do think he is relatively harmless . . . certainly compared to the previous warmongering vice president. And I certainly haven't heard of too many outright lies Biden has been spouting, contrasted to Ryan, whom even Fox News said broke the record for number of lies in his convention speech.

I wonder if ObamaCare pays for the injuries from an ass kicking :D Just having a little fun boys let the flames begin:devil:

Last edited:
I wonder if ObamaCare pays for the injuries from an ass kicking :D Just having a little fun boys let the flames begin:devil:

I didn't watch the debates myself, but from everything I have read it seems that people who love Obama thought he did fine, while people that hate him thought Romney did great. The unanswered question is what did people who are indifferent or undecided think. Romney has to score big in one of these debates if he is going to change the momentum, and it doesn't sound like he scored any major points in this one.

Hi Rep,

I thought MR did well and BO a tad flat.

The problem MR has, which has been stated numerous times by numerous folks, is lack of specificity regarding his economic policy. And we all know why. Details will result in loss of some "base" supporters.

But maybe the electorate doesn't need details and just trusts the man and will elect him. For better or worse, I can't go there.

I did find it comical when MR chided the President when he said that BO is not entitled to his facts.

GG

Le Monde thought that Obama looked lackluster and questioned his desire for 2nd term.

I thought he let Romney off the hook on paying for the rate cut he has proposedthat leads to reduced Government income of $ 5 trillion over 10 years.

The cost was verified by several fact checkers even though Romney seemed to be indifferent about the costs say to all of us to trust him that he could pay for it without hurting anything that matters.

Say what?

I hope more vigor next time from O.

J

Last edited:
Yes J,

That is an issue for me but absent an outcry to "put more meat on the bones", maybe it doesn't matter to the general electorate who support MR.

That confounds and astonishes me but as Mitt Romney's pollster (Neil Newhouse) recently said,

WE'RE NOT GOING TO LET OUR CAMPAIGN BE DICTATED BY FACT CHECKERS.

GG

I didn't watch the debates myself, but from everything I have read it seems that people who love Obama thought he did fine, while people that hate him thought Romney did great. The unanswered question is what did people who are indifferent or undecided think. Romney has to score big in one of these debates if he is going to change the momentum, and it doesn't sound like he scored any major points in this one.

Rich really not sure thats the case, Obama supporters Chris Matthews and Bill Mahr both thought that the President took a beating.

There were also many other supporters of the President that felt he was not on his game and lost that debate .

Hey Gordon , not sure that any politicians put out specifics all that often . I did think that MR did lay out an agenda he would pursue but as we all know the details are the rub.

Not to diminish any of the two candidates but I am not sure the base of either party votes on specific details but more on Philosophy.

Independent and swing voters may care more but in the end its like a salesman , people still buy (vote for) from those they like

Obama supporters Chris Matthews and Bill Mahr both thought that the President took a beating.

There were also many other supporters of the President that felt he was not on his game and lost that debate .

Larry,

truth be told........Obama looked like...........The 'Bills' !!!

seriously every post interview I heard / saw, Obama's camp was on the defensive. I fully expect the 'prez' will fair better in round 2, me thinks the VP debate might be entertaining !

Larry,

truth be told........Obama looked like...........The 'Bills' !!!

seriously every post interview I heard / saw, Obama's camp was on the defensive. I fully expect the 'prez' will fair better in round 2, me thinks the VP debate might be entertaining !

Dave you are a funny guy!!! Man the Bills are bad :-(

Biden and Ryan should make for an entertaining evening, I think I will wear my kevlar for that one should be some fireworks otta both those guys

In an interview last night Al Gore the Noble Prize winner figured out BO's problem with the poor showing.

He said BO had only arrived at 2:00 that afternoon for the debate and had not adjusted to the altitude. :confused:

To think he was only 534 votes from being president.

Gordon,

I for one am quite sad about how this election is going. I do know already how I will vote. But watching the "debate" (which is not actually is a debate) left me sad for our country. I really do believe that both candidates are good people, but they both seem willing (to me) to sell their souls for votes. But what really worries me is how much of the Legislative branch's failings are increasing blamed upon the president (regardless of who that is). It seems to me that we not even getting the "government we deserve." I agree with you regarding the Electoral College. It was a good way to go in 1825, but we should be using the popular vote at this point. I do agree with you about the more clear choice in this election. But I feel both candidates are squandering that opportunity. But even with all these things I still am glad to have been born in the US and I remain proud of our nation (most of the time).

Now on to Mr. Ryan; He seems like a very intelligent man. But he also strikes me as someone who seems to be just like most of Congress, interested in winning for his side, not the citizens of the country and good government. Maybe I'm wrong but I think he was a poor choice for Gov. Romney's running mate. I want people in government who are interested in doing their jobs, TOGETHER.
Opie-Von-Kannoli

Back