Pass Labs

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diamonds

Reaction score
Hi All,

A little bird has told me that Pass Labs has fired all of its U.S. dealers. Pass was afraid that the internet was killing their U.S. prices and has put a stop to it!

This means you will no longer see places like Audio Video Logic selling Pass for way less than it is worth. Pass owners I believe you will also see the value of your amps and preamps go up.

I am not a dealer nor do I represent Pass Labs in anyway. I just happen to know people in this busines.

Food for thought friends!!!

-D :cheers:

Hi All,

A little bird has told me that Pass Labs has fired all of its U.S. dealers. Pass was afraid that the internet was killing their U.S. prices and has put a stop to it!

This means you will no longer see places like Audio Video Logic selling Pass for way less than it is worth. Pass owners I believe you will also see the value of your amps and preamps go up.

I am not a dealer nor do I represent Pass Labs in anyway. I just happen to know people in this busines.

Food for thought friends!!!

-D :cheers:

Fired all US dealers.... well, that's one way to get an entire distribution taken out in an instant. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing, but considering the internet's looming over the value of Pass products.... they may have a point there.

Too bad I've never heard a Pass product and without dealers, it will be even more difficult to attain an audition.

I am waiting for you to say April Fools, but by my watch it is the 25th so you must be a little late on this one!

I can't even imagine doing something like that. Maybe forcing them to sign serious contracts that if they get caught selling below MSRP they loose their license, but to just out right fire them all... That does not make much sense.

I am waiting for you to say April Fools, but by my watch it is the 25th so you must be a little late on this one!

I can't even imagine doing something like that. Maybe forcing them to sign serious contracts that if they get caught selling below MSRP they loose their license, but to just out right fire them all... That does not make much sense.

Exactamundo... why kill your lifeline? I say, fix it.

It's not an April Fools joke. They did release all their dealers. Unless my guy is not telling the truth which I highly doubt.

We shall see how it affects pricing.

Wow, that's pretty drastic. Seems like not having any dealers is going to hurt sales and profits a lot more than dealer price-cutting.

On a side note, I read on a'gon that Pass is coming out with a .5 version of their XA series amps. This would be a true fully class A biased amp that doubles down wattage output into a halfing of impedence. This would be the next step in combining the best features of the XA series and the .5 series, making a class A amp that will match well with the logans. But I haven't been able to find out any more info. on this except that thread on the 'gon. Anybody have any insight into this?

Confirmed!

E-mailed my Pass Labs dealer yesterday to verify and yup, its true. Given the service I received, which was stellar, I am going to call Pass Labs regarding my very satisfactory experience with Audio Video Logic.

GG

I spoke with one of our local Pass Labs dealers, who likewise confirmed the "across-the-board terminations." However, Pass Labs is not foolish... they are now "selectively" re-building their dealer network, excluding those who surreptitiously sold at cut-rate prices via the net.

This protects the resale value of Pass equipment, and their long-term ability to remain in business, but is a bummer for those who wanted a "deal" on a new amp.

Last edited:
they're not alone , , , , ,

McIntosh, Levinson, Audio Research, and others have insisted on tight price/dealer control for years. Doesn't seem to have hurt their business' and they maintain the best resale values in audio.

don't forget that Pass does 80% of their business overseas.

don't forget that Pass does 80% of their business overseas.

You are absolutly right! That is why they cancelled there contracts. They also had to get the internet sales under control. I still believe they make the best amps in the world. At least top 10.

As a Pass owner I really believe the resale value of all my amps will go up now.

As a Pass owner I really believe the resale value of all my amps will go up now.

The only part of this I don't like is that I am currently looking for a good deal on an X-3. Anyone seen or heard of any lately?

The only part of this I don't like is that I am currently looking for a good deal on an X-3. Anyone seen or heard of any lately?

I would contact Mark Sammut. Great customer service and great Pass equipment. Give him a call you will not be disappointed. I have bought serveral things from him and it has always been perfect. Here is his old website www.marksammut.com it has his number.

Back