Pass Labs XA60.5 60 watt mono power amplifier with MLs

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peacefulcargo

Reaction score
Hi Is anyone using or has anyone heard the above with CLXs or MLs.

Last edited:
I'm using Pass INT-150 with Montis. Sounds great. INT-150 is essentially X150.5 with volume and input selector.

I am running a pair of Theos with XA30.8. The sound is silky smooth (not syrupy), detailed and non-fatiguing. You just want to listen to music more and more.

Pass gear is very good stuff, but 60w is not enough for a CLX. It WILL clip if played at moderate volumes.

For a CLX, I'd aim for 200w minimum, and personally would go for 1000w Sanders Sound Systems ESL monoblocks.

Matter of fact, they have a 'used' pair for sale at $4,500 for both. Even with shipping to the UK, quite the bargain.
http://sanderssoundsystems.com/used-gear-for-sale/330-used-pair-esl-mono-block-amplifiers

I'd snap them up myself, but have all my cash going into the business. That, and the ESL stereo (300w per channel) powering the Monolith panels is doing an awesome job, even when pushed hard, it keeps up. But then, all it drives is the raw panel, no lossy crossover anymore.

Last edited:
Back