Panel slippage on Sequels--New Tape?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dreamer

Classified Forum Moderator
Reaction score
The panel on my left Sequel is slipping down. I've tried removing the original black double-sided foam tape and replacing it with new double-sided foam tape, and it just slid down again after about 3 weeks.

I don't want to use the little "bracket trick" that has been discussed here. I want to do it right, but I can't find any double-sided foam tape that is as ultra-sticky as the thin black stuff that ML used on these speakers OEM.

Does anyone know where I can source a tape that is similar to the original stuff?

--Richard

Slippage

Same think happened to my Sequels. I did use a little home-made "prop" I fashioned out of walnut. Very small, actually didn't look bad, and I don't think it degraded the sound in any way that I could ascertain. This may be what you are referring to with "bracket trick".

Taking the panels apart or taking them back to Audio Consultants in my neck of the woods didn't sound like fun either.

Best of luck,
Doug - out

Latest posts

Back