Panel price

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Panels

The number for Martin Logan is 1-785-749-0133.That is the price quoted from them.Once again how you get them is up to you.I am stating again that I am not an option.Good Luck.--Scott Horchem

Thank you Horchem. By the way, I thought your idea WAS a good one and if I did know someone, I would definately take your advice.

Maybe the price I was quoted is a little high and I will look into this further.

Panels Price

Your welcome.Almost $1100 seemed high to me.I have Monolith's and I can get panels for around $900.00.If they are willing to warranty your panels,then the dealer may be worth a little extra cost.In my opinion $400 is alot of mark up for panels.That is only my opinion though.Good luck in your Quest.--HAHA.Have a good day.

Last edited:
It's ML's standard practice to insist that customers outside of the USA get parts thru their dealer network.

I believe that if you call ML directly, that is what you will be told.

About a year ago, a guy from Korea emailed me asking if I could order him some Aerius panels because his local ML dealer wanted WAY too much for them and that ML would not sell them to him directly.

I personally don't think doing something like this is fair the the ML dealers, so I wouldn't do it.

That doesn't mean it's not possible...

Believe me, I understand. You sound upset at the comment that was made by someone!

Thank you Tom and I agree however, if the dealer is making money from this that is more than the average, than maybe something is not right! However, in my case I am hoping that the quoted price includes all shipping and duty charges etc..............I have made an inquiery into this to find out.

680$ - 1075$ is more than the costs of shipping and duty so I would like to know why.

...Why is only a suggestion blown out of proportion.Not everyone is out to scam people.Horchem is my last name,so obviously I am not trying to hide my identity or rip anyone off.I do resent the remark and take it personally.

i've read and re-read this thread, your posts and my posts and i apologize if you have taken offense at what i posted.

• i was not thinking or suggesting that you were trying to weasel in between ML and the buyer.
  • i was not thinking or suggesting or has anyone ever stated that you are trying to hide your identity.
  • no one in this thread has said or implied that anyone, you included, is ripping anyone off, just that the reseller/distributer/dealer in Canada is charging an interesting markup - which is their business to do so and between them and ML.

i did say that i find it amusing when a suggesting is made about helping someone, without realizing that they themselves could be that helpful person. the implication - and only implication - was that you could volunteer to be that helpful person. it's what we do on this forum amongst each other. help out and be friends. consider it nothing more than a gentle thought.

Why is only a suggestion blown out of proportion.

irony. i find that funny too :)

pax

No, I'm totally OK with this thread.... this is a very good discussion..

The simple fact is that the ML dealer needs to make a profit and I'm sure there is a markup on this kind of stuff. If the dealer discontinues ML, then it hurts us all... that's the corporate view of this..

The personal view is that if I lived in Croatia and my ML dealer wanted to charge me 3 times the price for a set of panels, I'd either be ditching my Logans or finding a way around the dealer.

You gotta do what you gotta do.

Can someone tell us how much would cost aerius and sl3 replacement panels for the US citizens?

I know that Canadian are getting screwed if they buy phono cartridge in Canada compare to USA.

They won't last anywhere near that long, in my experience. And I have about 20 years ML ownership...

More like 7 years max.

Depends on the environment they're in... My Sequel panels lasted 15 years, all of which were in California (dry climate) and I vacuumed them montly..

Since you don't have a location in your user profile, we don't know where you are...

I apologize to you Zaphod.

I am very sorry if I took you the wrong way.I have no other interest in this other than the mark ups dealers are doing.I agree with Tom that dealers are important and should get something for their time.What I don't agree with is some of these dealers wanting between 50% and three times as much for parts.I personally think that is taking advantage of loyal owners that are out of the United States.This discussion the best thing about Tom.He is a die hard Martin Logan fan,but is realistic and down to earth.That is why his opinions and thoughts are highly valued and appreciated this forum.

and the usage too. my CLS are about 17 years old and i use them a lot less than i'd like to. since the process of getting engaged started, i don't think i've put 2 hours on them in the last month. my life right now just doesn't permit taking time to sit and listen for the sake of listening. i'm hopeing that will change back.

i only had kazooing happen once a year or two back. and of course Jim sent me a detailed explanation of how to remove the tape strip after i asked about panel replacement. total cost of repair - 2 bucks for a pair of finetip tweezers. gotta love it!

Depends on the environment they're in... My Sequel panels lasted 15 years, all of which were in California (dry climate) and I vacuumed them montly..

Since you don't have a location in your user profile, we don't know where you are...

Good point Tom.... will attend to it later.

Yup environment is a big factor, I guess. Usage probably is too. I expect heavy vacumming (spelling?) could kill some before there time, especially if used with a brush attachment - it probably removes the coating on the mylar.

15 years? I find that hard to believe without a drop in performance, Tom. Did you notice a big difference when you replaced them?

Good point Tom.... will attend to it later.

Yup environment is a big factor, I guess. Usage probably is too. I expect heavy vacumming (spelling?) could kill some before there time, especially if used with a brush attachment - it probably removes the coating on the mylar.

15 years? I find that hard to believe without a drop in performance, Tom. Did you notice a big difference when you replaced them?

They had definitely lost some of their "sparkle", so I was going to either get them repaneled or sell them.. I ended up selling them and buying some used reQuests.... which are for sale now, btw... see the classifieds section. :devil:

They had definitely lost some of their "sparkle", so I was going to either get them repaneled or sell them.. I ended up selling them and buying some used reQuests.... which are for sale now, btw... see the classifieds section. :devil:

Hmmm.... surely not with CLXs in mind? Come on Tom, spill the beans...

Well, I feel like I created an interesting post here! I hope evryone are friends again?

Just got an email from Plurison and he said he would throw in taxes and shipping with the price so I DO have a good deal. I determined this from about 700$ + duty + taxes + shipping and other charges and figure it is really not bad.

I do not really agree that the panels will only last 7 years! My previous Arius i speakers had new panels when I bought them installed by the dealer and if I compare my Quests that are original to them based on the mids and highs, the Quests still blow them out of the water! I know they are not the same but these were new panels and the differences are still very high!

Tom................Summits..................NICE! Heard them with my Quests and although not night and day, the bass is much tighter but like I said not N & D.

Latest posts

Back