Panel price

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danman

Reaction score
I was quoted 1075$ for new panels for the Quest Canadian $$$. I would imagine that taxes are also going to be added. Is this price about average?

It was the ML supplier in Quebec (Plurison) to be exact. I wanted to go through ML directly but Jim told me to go through them. I would imagine this is protocol.

It is proper protocol for a company to require foreign customers to utilize their local distributor. ML is obligated to support their foreign distributor and would be under-cutting their distributor if they supported a foreign customer directly. It's part of their business agreement with the foreign distributors and is the same protocol and business arrangement with foreign distributors as the company I work for.

You're lucky you're not in Europe.

Here in the UK the price would easily be double that:eek:

Danman I was told by someone at ML that you could have them shipped to a UPS close to the border and pick them up yourself if that is an option.Gotta cut out those middlemen! D.R.

The border is far from me and the price of gas would bring the cost even higher!

My question was basically if I am in the average or do any of you think this is a little steep? I have no problem with the middleman as they are considered to be very professional from what many dealers have told me.

I don't think the price is that bad. New panels will allow you to listen to the speakers for another 10-20 years, maybe longer with regular cleaning (vacuuming).

I don't know the exact cost of Quest panels in the US but based upon prices for other models discussed on this forum that seems to be right in the ballpark and actually pretty fair for a foreign distributor.

Normally the US supplier charges the same wholesale price for the foreign distributors as they do for their US distributors and the foreign distributors can charge whatever they want in their country. The US prices are fixed and enforced.

You're lucky you're not in Europe.

Here in the UK the price would easily be double that:eek:

I don't know how you survive with the cost of living in that country. From what I've been told by my colleagues who work and live in the UK is that everything is much more expensive there. By comparison, gasoline is very cheap in the US. Hopefully the wage and salary rates offer some compensation. I just spent last week in Stockholm, Sweden and prices there were just ridiculous. Fortunately, I was on business travel so they took care of most of my expenses otherwise I'd be wiped out in a hurry.

Cost of panels?

Do you know anyone in the US?If so,call ML and give them their address and ask what panels would be to that address.

Danman,

I also live in Canada and have had a couple of dealings with Plursion. I think the price quoted is okay . They are a good company to deal with as far as I am concerned and have been excellent in helping me out.

If you need diagrams and pic's on how to change the stators, I could email them to you .

Cheers, Greg

Yes Plurison is a very good company but I was curious as our Canadian dollar is almost at par with the US one and it seems we cannot take advantage of it and I want to be sure that there is not a huge difference (ex: 400$) like some other items!

This inquiery only comes from the fact that my Quests are 15 years old and even though they look like brand new and sound wonderful, eventually I will have to change the panels as I have absolutely no intension on getting rid of them unless an incredible deal comes out of no where someday, because they are that good!

No, I do not know anyone in the US and that would still not get them to my door without duty charges and taxes. I guess when the time comes soon, I will bite the bullet and just get them.

Yes, please send me those plans on how to chnage the panels for the quest to:

[email protected]

Thank all!

I am not the volunteer-Isn't this an advice forum

I was only stating that if he had a trusted friend in the US.I do not know or have ever met this gentleman.He would be an idiot to trust somebody he does not know,with that kind of money.Lets be realistic.I am not against someone making a little money,but some of these prices is absurd.Twice as much money as the US just to ship overseas.Why is only a suggestion blown out of proportion.Not everyone is out to scam people.Horchem is my last name,so obviously I am not trying to hide my identity or rip anyone off.I do resent the remark and take it personally.

Last edited:
Panel Price is black for $695.00

The middleman is getting a good cut out of the panels.The black Quest panels were quoted at $695.00.So the middleman is making at least $380.00 on the panels.I would assume that the dealer would get them cheaper than your average Joe.For that mark up,they should definitely take care of any warranty issues.Since I was accused,I am not a panel volunteer.I was just stating an option and the price differance.Good luck.

Could you please tell me where you received this price for the black panels?

If this is true than maybe I can get them cheaper. Even Jim did seem a little surprised but did mention that duty charges and shipping may have been included. Plurison did not have them in stock so they would have to be sent from ML.

Is there another option instead of black?

Latest posts

Back