Pair of ML Source for 1350$ - a good deal?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HopelessDFilms

Reaction score
In my quest for a pair of ML towers, I have had my eyes set on a larger panel set, specifically the vantages, though just this afternoon something caught my eye...

A retailer that will go unnamed, unless asked, is having the source, in either black or natural cherry for 1350$ for a pair!

I could be wrong but isn't that drastically a reduced price even for retail?

Any input on whether this is a deal to jump on will be appreciated.

I have been waiting desperately for that 'deal' of vantages or a larger format tower to show up around 2000$ give or take, but keep missing the deals.

thanks

:rocker:

source and purity being discontinued?

Now that I think about it some more, I have an inkling that the source and purity may be on their way out? Possible discontinuation?

There is afterall, the new electromotion line appearing soon...

Anyone have any thoughts on whether to save up some more and try for vantages over the source?

My theater room is not going to be large by any means, roughly 15x 19 ft room with the orientation of theater going the shallow depth not the long depth due to fireplace....

so rough seating position will be about 9-10 feet from the wall...

any help is greatly appreciated! :) I just don't want to pass up a chance to get a BRAND NEW set of logans for close to the price of a used set...

:music:

That seems like a good price for new with warranty. Used pricing isn't far below that.

good pricing

That's what I was thinking, I just haven't been able to A/B the source to a larger panel, like a vista or a vantage...

I'm sure I'd be happy with the source, but I want to make sure that I'm going to be happy with a set that will keep me happy for a while.

Vantages for 2500 on the 'gon. Dependin on your wallet. Just sayin. I wouldn't have a second thought about used

Back