Origin of Forum Names?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiTT

Super User
Reaction score
Hey everyone, Disco Carp cracked my a$$ up when he was describing how he came up with his forum name. Made me think it would be fun to hear some others.

I came up with mine back when I was on an Audi TT forum (I miss that car) :(

Most peoplpe thought it was a cryptic version of My TT (MiTT), but actually it comes from my step daughter. The day I met her (she was 3) I was introduced to her as Tim, but she occasionally flips words around dyslexic style. For 15 years now it's been Mitt for her, and it's caught on with family, friends and coworkers - so Mitt it is.

dcp0448.jpg

Though mine was green (like a toad) and had wire wheels (and a lot more rust). Toad with a motor.... I are provocative. :D
Mine was similarly bumperless, though, which I think makes the car.

Mine came around when my brother in-law got me into the whole MP3, music sharing scene and I had to create a screen name and Audiophiliac is what I came up with...It has nothing to do with the word "Audiophile"....I dont really consider myself that in the generally accepted use of the term....Im more of a music-phile....

My other hobby is Letterpress printing. About 6 years ago, my SO was talking with the guy who owned the print shop where we were both working (he sold me my first press), and he said to her "Richard is such a big dreamer!". So that's what named my operation: "Dreamer Press". use the name "Dreamer" on most of the forums I'm on...

--Richard

Er... mine is simple and boring. But it helps people remember who I am... I thought about using a moniker, but it gets confusing.

Aliveatfive - when I was an educator, I was transferred to Intermediate School #5, hence: "aliveatfive." BTW, IS 5 had a complete tv studio in which I yearned to work. That was the impetus for changing careers. I taught kids (and their teachers) to use video production in the classroom. It makes for a great learning tool.

dcp0448.jpg

Though mine was green (like a toad) and had wire wheels (and a lot more rust). Toad with a motor.... I are provocative. :D
Mine was similarly bumperless, though, which I think makes the car.

Austin Healey Sprite. The first memories I have are of a dark blue version of that car, my dad was driving me to Kerrville to be w/ granny and grandpa and I was sleeping on the back parcel shelf at night as we were going through San Antonio. I was 3 and remember as we would go under the lights how they would morph into strange shapes as you looked at them through the wavey plastic rear window. I knew they were not actually the shapes I was seeing but I didn't know why they were being warped like that... Hooked on sports cars ever since. Oh, maybe I was hooked earlier than that... Most of my moms pregnancy with me she drove a Triumph TR3!!

My name... Obvious! I love all Porsche cars, but have a soft spot for the 928!

Ok, mine is stoopid.

During high school and for a while during college my nickname was Kruppy-Puppy (Krupp being my last name). Don't ask me why. I actually wish I registered the more creative name I typically use for other things.

What's funny is that my 20 year HS reunion was last year (didn't go), but I ended up seeing a friend that I lost track of for 10+ years. Guess what the first words out of his mouth were......some things just stick like stink.

My parents gave me the nick name "Tj" which is something I've never been able to shake loose from. Alot easier than writing out Thomas Joseph.

My parents called me "Tj"
My sister called me "Teeg"
Teachers called me "T"
Gym partner called me "T-Rex"....I liked that one.....
Work buddies chose "T-bone"
My son calls me "Tee-Yay"
My daughter calls me "bla bla", but hey, she's only 7 months old.....

So for thirty eight years its been one version of TJ or another.

Tj

0345344022.01._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-dp-500-arrow,TopRight,45,-64_OU01_AA240_SH20_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

The first book I ever read about the Vietnam War. It's about a group of Rangers (75th Battalion) that is one of the most poignant and moving books I have ever read. It's fiction but Leonard Scott was in Vietnam so it's based upon his experiences there.

If I could only have 4 books on a deserted island with me, Charlie Mike and the Lord of the Rings trilogy would probably be the four..

I always thought that it's a good idea to give some info right away about where one lives - it helps to put into context. Lugano, Switzerland is the center of my life so that's it. Besides, my real name looks like a typo...

I always thought that it's a good idea to give some info right away about where one lives - it helps to put into context. Lugano, Switzerland is the center of my life so that's it.

Well, I can't exactly say that my user name is descriptive of where I live or was born. Rather, I joined my first forum right after visiting the Bahamian island of Exuma.

My name comes from a CD titled "Beat Dominator - Techno Bass Vol.2". Which is odd because as far as I've seen, there was no vol.1? :p

I have mixed feelings about using this moniker as I have noticed that people make presumptions about what kind of person I am by the name. One is that I am a DJ or a techno music fan of some sort.... which is like the opposite of my tastes. I also seem to find that people read into my "internet sarcasm" differently and tend to become more defensive than I wold normally encounter under a different name, maybe "Dominator" is a little too aggressive.

I use two names on the internet and this one I have reserved for Audio-related sites. I had my Head-Fi account under this name in ~2002 but it seems they deleted it when they moved servers or something.

I've collected antique woodworking tools ever since my
Grandad gave me one of his long-unused Stanley #4 planes
from the late 1940s. "Hsv" is the airport code for
Huntsville, AL which is my home town.

Here's a random, small sample from my collection...

Attachments

• toolcollection.jpg
    toolcollection.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 202
Mine is simple, part of first name part of last name.

Another plus, is it's failry unique on the internet, so easy to Google :cool:

Mine is also very simple
my initials W.B.
Been called theWB at my current job for probably the last 6 or 7 years
My previous job they called me B-Rock my last name being Brock
In school my nickname was stretch.
As a Freshman in high school I was already 6'5" haven't grown an inch since.
Could have been all the Kaya I inhaled:D

Mine is also very simple. You can guess the reason very easily. Our Japanese houses are called "rabbit house" because our houses are very small. I do make much efforts to listen to music comfortably in such a small room. So I chose this.

If you come to Japan, you would be surprised at the expensive price for land.

Shuji

Latest posts

Back