Oppo 95 coming!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rumored to ring in at around $1000. If true, I wonder if it will be worth it. It's not all that much by audiophile gear standards, but people seemed to think pretty highly of the 83 as it was, and presumably the 93 will be better than the 83 was.

As Neo would say.. whoa..
Would like to see the price point. If it is at the $1K price point and the reviews are favourable, i.e. significant improvement over the BD-83, this may be a similar game changer as the BD-83 was (is).
I'll be watching this one.

I purchased the BD-83 before when it released for sales but I returned it after a couple of weeks listening to it (with about 50 hours of playing music). It was just not performing as good as my Sony SCD-777ES on SACD sound, sort of thinner sound. I sincerely hope the BD-95 will perform close to my Sony because I need it as my replacement as the Sony ages.

I purchased the BD-83 before when it released for sales but I returned it after a couple of weeks listening to it (with about 50 hours of playing music). It was just not performing as good as my Sony SCD-777ES on SACD sound, sort of thinner sound. I sincerely hope the BD-95 will perform close to my Sony because I need it as my replacement as the Sony ages.

Strange, I would have thought that the firmware fixes should have resolved all the issues. I have had the 83 (after it was released), upgraded it to the SE when available and was very happy with the performance bump (I am not using HDMI). Oppo's office is local for me and the guys there are fantastic. They are very helpful and really know their stuff. If you have an issue, they usually provide a firmware fix pretty quickly.

If the player is truly a new product built for the audiophile crowd, I think it would be worth the $1k considering the amount of money most of us spend on our gear :music:!

If the player is truly a new product built for the audiophile crowd, I think it would be worth the $1k considering the amount of money most of us spend on our gear :music:!

Therein lies the real 'rub' for it's the audiophile community that very often tends to poo-hoo something if it 'dosen't cost enough ' !

I for one would love to see some legitimate DBT testing done with their earlier models.

Hi Dave,

A bit off topic to this thread but could you tell me what would qualify as a legitimate DBT?

Gordon

Hi Dave,

A bit off topic to this thread but could you tell me what would qualify as a legitimate DBT?

Gordon

Hi Gordon, how about I take this to a 'New Topic' in hopes that it can be constructively discussed.

Back