ok guys need input for a possible upgrade to ReQuests

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Add is back up again for the ReQuests. Apparently the seller revised the price and some description information. He is indeed from NJ. $1760

Not sure how I can convince you, but this isn't the ad or the seller I was referring to. The seller I posted about is indeed in Northern California (I was at his home on Friday and saw the ReQuests that were for sale). His ad has not been reposted and his seller name on A'gon is not the same as the one given in the ad from the NJ seller. I can forward you the NorCal seller's information if you'd like to contact him.

Coolcobramatt,

I asked for contact info and await to here back from him. I'll let you know when I do. Probably by PM message.

Sam

Bigbanger,

No sweat...no need to convince me, I was never challenging the issue.

thanks guys...appreciate the help. I have time..maybe some summits will pop up for $2000 (I think Joey might let his go fast if ML comes out with a new top o the line..by the way Joey I got dibs if so). :D

A similar thing happened to me, except the seller was only 200 miles away and he still had them (OK, so it's like the opposite of what happened to you :D ). I was just keeping my eye on A-gon for speakers within a few hundred miles. I was watching for a couple of months when a mint pair of Ascent i's showed up for $1,700 (just a few months ago). When I showed up the guy said that 2 other people said they had checks on the way. I quickly gave him my money order before he checked the mail.
That's how I started with Logans. No turning back now.

Add is back up again for the ReQuests. Apparently the seller revised the price and some description information. He is indeed from NJ. $1760

Good luck on the purchase this time around Matt. I can tell you one thing... I would never let go of my reQuests for $1760!!!!! You're making the right choice on the upgrade. To answer your original question: the difference is like trading in an '01 6-banger for a '95 SVT :D

Coolcobramatt,

Bigbanger,

No sweat...no need to convince me, I was never challenging the issue.

No problem, didn't mean to give you the impression that I was upset. If you or anyone else wants the contact info for the seller in my area, just drop me a line and I'd be happy to forward it on.

thanks Sam. He replied to my email earlier and is very willing to sell. He said you knew the condition of the speakers. Have you personally seen or heard them? He is willing to ship but my gosh that may be killer. Anyone shipped ReQuests before? Input or recommendations? NJ to KY....too long for a road trip.

thanks Sam. He replied to my email earlier and is very willing to sell. He said you knew the condition of the speakers. Have you personally seen or heard them? He is willing to ship but my gosh that may be killer. Anyone shipped ReQuests before? Input or recommendations? NJ to KY....too long for a road trip.

Matt,
I have not seen the speakers in person other than my guess at their age. I would rather not get between you and the seller to determine the condition. What might be unacceptable to me may be acceptable to you. I hope you understand. I would ask for a few more pictures if you need to see more.

Here is the description from Audiogon:
"I NEED to sell these NOW ! I have lowered my asking price to $1760 which is 20% BELOW the Audiogon Bluebook average of $2200 !!

Here are a pair of Martin Logan Request speakers in near mint condition. They perform flawlessly. I bought these from the original owner who had Martin Logan replace one woofer cone at a cost of near $400 a few years back. Other than that there are no issues at all. The light oak rails are flawless as is the entire front surface of the speaker. Smokeless and petless house kept.Need to sell because these speakers need a big room and lots of current in a power amp. Retail was near $4500. Sell for $1760 OBRO. Will throw in the upgraded hospital grade power cords (pictured) and an 8' bi-wire pair of genuine UNUSED spade terminated Japanese made Canare speaker cables (an easy $100 value).Have no boxes and no intention to ship. These are for PICK-UP ONLY. The good news is I am in the NJ-NY Metro area so pick-up should be very convenient for many potential buyers. Payment via Paypal or cash upon pick-up.

I am available until about 10:00pm EST each night via e-mail and then again early each morning."
end.

My additional comments:
My ReQuests were purchased in October of 1999 and have the newer binding posts on them...so his pair for sale with the older posts must be at least 1996 - 1998 according to the Martin Logan Produt Timeline here in this forum.

I attached one of the pictures from the add...NOTE: These are not mine...
Sam

Attachments

• ReQuests Audiogon 1.jpg
    ReQuests Audiogon 1.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
oops sorry Sam wrong seller. The one that replied must be the one big banger is talking about. The one you are talking about will not ship. Thanks though!

That guy in NJ has reduced his ReQuest price to $1100 from $1760. Sounds like a great deal.....

http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?spkrplan&1192271640

Wow, now thats agressive!

...timing is wrong for me being between a job change even at $1100. If I could these would double as the rear set complimenting my front pair of ReQuests. Sweet deal for someone who wants to own a pair of ReQuests at a killer price!

requests

I just saw some requests on Audiogon for $1100, but you would have had to drive to NJ to get them. ( unfortuneately they are sold ). I have seen a few pairs going for 1500 - 1600 range so don't get discouraged, they are out there.

After waiting over a week for my seller to get shipping costs and to get him to shoot me a mailing address, heres what I got in my mail tonight:

"I’ve just been approached by a buyer from SF (about an hour away) who informed me that he is willing to pay $2000 for the speakers.
This is hard to say no to as I wouldn’t have to split any shipping costs and he is willing to hand me cash.
I wanted to check in with you on this before saying yes to him as you and I have been working through the details for a week+ now.
Let me know if you’re willing to go $2000 and pay the shipping costs.
If that doesn’t work for you I understand."

I can understand taking a better offer but he and I had agreed on a shipped deal over a week ago. He had been taking forever to get back to me with details and pics, so I guess this was why. He was waiting to get a higher offer. I guess not everyone sticks to their word eh? I'm taking the high road though and tell myself the speakers weren't worth buying if the seller is willing to back out on his word for a hundred bucks.

After waiting over a week for my seller to get shipping costs and to get him to shoot me a mailing address, heres what I got in my mail tonight:

"I’ve just been approached by a buyer from SF (about an hour away) who informed me that he is willing to pay $2000 for the speakers.
This is hard to say no to as I wouldn’t have to split any shipping costs and he is willing to hand me cash.
I wanted to check in with you on this before saying yes to him as you and I have been working through the details for a week+ now.
Let me know if you’re willing to go $2000 and pay the shipping costs.
If that doesn’t work for you I understand."

I can understand taking a better offer but he and I had agreed on a shipped deal over a week ago. He had been taking forever to get back to me with details and pics, so I guess this was why. He was waiting to get a higher offer. I guess not everyone sticks to their word eh? I'm taking the high road though and tell myself the speakers weren't worth buying if the seller is willing to back out on his word for a hundred bucks.

I think you are doing the right thing. Besides... he may just be full of crap and trying to squeeze you for a little more money. If that's the case he'll come back to you in a few days and say that something fell through with the other buyer. That's when you come back and offer him less!!!! :devil:

Latest posts

Back