ok guys need input for a possible upgrade to ReQuests

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coolcobramatt

Reaction score
I think I found a helluva deal on Agon on some ReQuests from a guy fairly close to me. $1800 in mint shape. My question for you all, especially you ReQuest owners (those who owned Aeon i's too get big brownie points), is this worth getting into and/or a good deal? Will there be much difference between the two (keep in mind I am a relative newbie and have only heard my Aeons and some older SII's with SL# panels). My room is much bigger than when I initially bought my Aeons, and I've got a bigger amp now to push em. Any and all thoughts are very welcome. Hopefully I will get alot of recommendations!

In my mind, the Aeon is an entry level Logan and the reQuest is near the top of the line for the generation.

HUGE difference.. the reQuest panels are HUGE and thow off a massive soundstage (good thing you have a big room). Make sure you have adequate amplification because they will be more difficult to drive. I absolutely love mine and since getting my Pass X250, I'd say they sound as good as the Summits I've heard.

Huge bang for the buck, too at that price. Keep your Aeons for surrounds.

DO IT
DO IT
DO IT
DO IT

:devil:

Last edited:
Definitely go for it, the ReQuest is a HUGE step up in panel sound. I haven't owned the Aeons, but I have owned Aerius' and SL3's, and the ReQuests spank them both. The ReQuests are a screaming deal on the used market. You'll have to spend about $5-8k for speakers that better the ReQuests, even used.

Cobra.... I distinctly remember you acquiring the Aeons not too many months ago. Now, you're upgrading? Saaawwweeet!

Joey ;)

I'll keep it short: just do it.

ReQuests at that price are a great deal. But if the panels are original, then plan to spend $800 in a year or two for new panels, and you'll have 'new' speakers all over again.

Cheers,

well two issues...the guy hasn't responded to my emails, and he is freakin 600 miles away (I guessed wrong). His ad says he doesn't care to ship either. Darn and I was getting hyped lol.

well two issues...the guy hasn't responded to my emails, and he is freakin 600 miles away (I guessed wrong). His ad says he doesn't care to ship either. Darn and I was getting hyped lol.

That's the worst! Getting hyped and then the massive letdown afterwards. Sorry Cobradude!

Joey

i drove 600 miles to get my reQuests.... rented a van, drove down to socal with money in hand, but also thinking if they weren't perfect, I was gonna turn right around and come back empty-handed...

Luckily, they looked great from the photos and when I got there, they looked awesome and the guy was REALLY into gear and took very good care of them... He had the original boxes and we boxed them up and I took them... $2400.

DO IT
DO IT
DO IT
:devil:

ok Tom, I have not given up. Maybe you can drive over here to Kentucky, we can make it a ML road trip :D

Patience is a virtue here. If you really want ReQuests, then don't be put off with one missed opportunity. :sad:

Buy what you want and don't settle for second best. :mad:

crap, just heard from the seller, he sold them yesterday. Oh well. I do have patience, and I know something else will come along sooner or later. Gives me more time to move the Aeons.

crap, just heard from the seller, he sold them yesterday. Oh well. I do have patience, and I know something else will come along sooner or later. Gives me more time to move the Aeons.

OK. Lets start getting serious here. Just email me the name and address of this seller. I'll pay him a visit. He just might change his mind about selling them to you... ;)

OK. Lets start getting serious here. Just email me the name and address of this seller. I'll pay him a visit. He just might change his mind about selling them to you... ;)

Sic the bird on him eh? Thanks bro!

I didn't have my heart set on ReQuests, just those popped up at such a helluva price kinda got me excited. I was even gonna buy em using my savings while selling the Aeons. Somethin else will turn up.

Hey there, there was a guy selling a pair of ReQuests on A'gon recently and I contacted him. Turns out he lives 1/4 of a mile away from me :eek: Anyway, I passed on them because I decided that they were too large for my room (I bought a pair of SL3s instead), but the speakers looked to be in excellent condition and the seller had all of the original packaging. The guy was really nice too and is only selling because he recently got married and his wife doesn't really like the look of the big panels in their family room. Anyway, if you're interested in pursuing them, drop me an e-mail and I'll forward you the seller's e-mail. I'm not in any way associated with the seller, I just thought that you might be interested in contacting him and seeing if the ReQuests are still for sale. BTW, his last asking price was $2200.

Hey there, there was a guy selling a pair of ReQuests on A'gon recently and I contacted him. Turns out he lives 1/4 of a mile away from me :eek: Anyway, I passed on them because I decided that they were too large for my room (I bought a pair of SL3s instead), but the speakers looked to be in excellent condition and the seller had all of the original packaging. The guy was really nice too and is only selling because he recently got married and his wife doesn't really like the look of the big panels in their family room. Anyway, if you're interested in pursuing them, drop me an e-mail and I'll forward you the seller's e-mail. I'm not in any way associated with the seller, I just thought that you might be interested in contacting him and seeing if the ReQuests are still for sale. BTW, his last asking price was $2200.

Thanks for the heads up...I saw these also and was tempted, why...because I wanted to build a surround sound system using another pair of ReQuests to compliment my current pair (except the center channel). I also live in NJ and this seller is about 20 miles from me. One thing I did notice is that this set of ReQuests uses the older style binding posts...Martin Logan went to a larger flat blade style binding post (red and black in color) to facilitate tightening. I pretty sure these are over ten years old...or a little more. Great speakers though...won't be bidding on these, timing is not right, don't have the large room anymore, and I am changing jobs within a month if the right offers come in...would have been so convenient.

Sam

Thanks for the heads up...I saw these also and was tempted, why...because I wanted to build a surround sound system using another pair of ReQuests to compliment my current pair (except the center channel). I also live in NJ and this seller is about 20 miles from me. One thing I did notice is that this set of ReQuests uses the older style binding posts...Martin Logan went to a larger flat blade style binding post (red and black in color) to facilitate tightening. I pretty sure these are over ten years old...or a little more. Great speakers though...won't be bidding on these, timing is not right, don't have the large room anymore, and I am changing jobs within a month if the right offers come in...would have been so convenient.

Sam

These are not the same ReQuests that I'm talking about. The pair I saw is in Northern California and were purchased new in 2000. The A'gon ad just expired a couple of days ago, but they're still for sale.

Interesting, I looked at this add at 11 am today with the same exact description and reason for getting rid of them as you mentioned. I know it was there because it peaked my interest for reasons mentioned here in this thread. I looked up the add just now to confirm this and it was not listed anymore, same price, same exact reason word for word...$2200....from NJ. ???

Add is back up again for the ReQuests. Apparently the seller revised the price and some description information. He is indeed from NJ. $1760

Back