Oh lordy...

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowGEEZR

Reaction score
I just test drove a Porsche Cayman and a Cayman S. Now to figure out which one to buy. Right now, I'm in awe. Think I'll go put the new lawn mower together to take my mind off of it.

I just test drove a Porsche Cayman and a Cayman S. Now to figure out which one to buy. Right now, I'm in awe. Think I'll go put the new lawn mower together to take my mind off of it.

Slow...

Those cars may just be the ticket to changing your moniker! I LOVE the CaymanS!!!!

I really hope my parents get this for my graduation.... Cayman S.... *drool*....

But, I wont complain if they get me the G35 or a 350Z so I dont mind. Anything is an upgrade from the car (Taurus) I drive now!!

Read a great article once about someone who drove a Cayman through the Tail of the Dragon -- keeping bikers behind him for a good part of the run. Anyone driven that road?

Myself, I'd get the BoxsterS. IMO the handling difference of having the roof is negligible on the street, but top-down driving is where it's at. When the Boxster show car came out I almost died! It was so beautiful. But the production car got the huge, long nose and lost a lot of the appeal of the show car.
boxprot2.jpg

Read a great article once about someone who drove a Cayman through the Tail of the Dragon -- keeping bikers behind him for a good part of the run. Anyone driven that road?

The only times I've "driven" it were either with bikes in a truck or a trailer behind a car. :)

I've ridden the hell out of it! :D It's a real blast, and you don't have to bust the speed limit much to get a huge kick out of it (I just roll off the throttle once I've exited a corner so I really don't even have to watch for the rather heavy THP presence). http://killboy.blogspot.com/ is a fun place to look at what's going on there. There are a lot of awesome roads around the area, better than the Gap due to the overcrowding. If you're in the area (especially on a weekday) be sure to go, but riding is better in the surrounding areas.

...Ooops, just remembered, I did drive back & forth through the road once in my roommate's Cherokee. I had to get a new rear tire and drove up to Wheeler's. I kept on a Boxster's bumper for most of the trip (he really was in my way, and way ove rhis head) but he got around a minivan where I wouldn't have braved a pass. Keeping bikes in view isn't much of a grade, either, as the place is often full of no-talent ass clowns that just clog everything up.

Last edited:
Toad...
Is that the NEW Boxster?
No, that's the original show car. I really can't find any good pics of it on google, but it was incredible. It really looked like a modern 550 Spyder and it had just a tiny bit of car in front of the front wheel wells, much different to the 911 platypus nose it got in production.

To each his own. I like the Boxster, but I drool when I look at the Cayman. As far as Deal's Gap, I've been there a number of times on bikes only. As was said, stay away on the weekends and there is plenty of good riding all around the area, not just the Dragon (Cherohala Skyway?, oh yeah!)

slow... I can see it now. You in the Cayman S.

New moniker: fastGEEZER

Myself, I'd get the BoxsterS. IMO the handling difference of having the roof is negligible on the street, but top-down driving is where it's at. When the Boxster show car came out I almost died! It was so beautiful. But the production car got the huge, long nose and lost a lot of the appeal of the show car.
Totally agree about the show car vs. the production car! I do like the look of the Cayman though! That car is SOOO sleek! I LOVE convertibles though, so can I have one of EACH?! :D

slow... I can see it now. You in the Cayman S.

New moniker: fastGEEZER

He confided in me that Fast Geezer is what the guys at the track called him, but he changed it so as not to sound like he was tooting his own horn, so I am tooting it for him here! He IS the FAST GEEZER!

Totally agree about the show car vs. the production car! I do like the look of the Cayman though! That car is SOOO sleek! I LOVE convertibles though, so can I have one of EACH?! :D

I'm sure if anyone here could arrange that... it's you James! :devil:

I'll admit to loving the Cayman also. Just a beautiful car. How about the BMW M Coupe? Saw one this weekend when I went to get my M3 serviced. WOW. Love the lines.

Also saw an M6 convertible. :drool: That would be my car of choice if I had lots of money.

To each his own. I like the Boxster, but I drool when I look at the Cayman.
Yeah, the Cayman definitely looks better... but top-down wins for me. I think James has the answer. :)
(Cherohala Skyway?, oh yeah!)
OH YEAH! I haven't ridden BRP yet, so far Cherohala is my favorite piece of pavement that doesn't have grandstands. :D

They don't seem to like Mustangs (in that blog) very much based on the captions.

platypus nose:D

Good description, but many Porsche's have had long noses over the years.

Book link with pictures:
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread.php?threadid=350962

Platypus!!

Now I will never look at Porsches the same way again.... albeit a fast platypus!

I love Porsches.... 911t if I had the moolah, hands down best car for the money in terms of driveability and what not.

911T Top Gear Review:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maFaWixdJGM

911T vs Lambo Gallardo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yf0U-nmLYTc

911T vs M6:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmIkQnTzwec

Enjoy fellas!

Joey :)

They don't seem to like Mustangs (in that blog) very much based on the captions.

platypus nose:D

Good description, but many Porsche's have had long noses over the years.

Book link with pictures:
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread.php?threadid=350962
904! 904! GIMMEGIMMEGIMMEGIMME! I'd even take a fake of that car. :) Actually I have seen a pretty decent kit of that car at Sebring in '99 or so (enormously expensive, though) that used a square tube chassis and an '80s 911SC engine. I guess they went under because I can't find anything on the car anymore.

I don't think I've ever seen anything against Mustangs specifically from killboy. Maybe against the drivers but not based on the car. That first pic "NASTY" I think is the, uhm, good form of nasty, like "bad ass" or whatever.

What I know he doesn't like is people apexing lefts in the oncoming lane, people not wearing gear, and trucks that can't read the enormous signs on either end of the road telling them they can't get through.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back