Obsessive hobbies....

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is no Screen Door effect.
It uses a DP 1.4 cable and is not wireless.
I went to a local Apple store for my face scan. It took 5 minute and a representative there was very helpful and thought it was cool.
I would get a FAR IPD measurement from an optometrist to be sure it's right.
Nice, good of Apple. I use an Apple tv 4k and like it but don't use their phones.
The tip about going to an optometrist is a good one. I watched much of your video but did fast forward through some parts. Those are good tips you have, did I miss them on the video? If you don't have them on YouTube, I think some viewers would like to know. You're my go to now for VR. I've been sitting in the sideline for years now. This headset looks like a good one. The wire is really thin too, unlike the heavy one on my Vive.
How good do those earbuds sound? Don't they lack bass? I'd worry they would sound tinny.

The Sure 846 Gen 2's are known for subwoofer levels of bass. They have GREAT kick.
They sound extremely natural and voices sound fantastic. They roll of above 10k. I think they sound great.

However I found all IEM's sound tinny until you get them in your ears properly. It took me a little while to figure it out.

They also come with a wide assortment of inserts. I'm using the medium Comply Pro inserts. They fit me perfectly and actually improve the bass response.

The Sure 846 Gen 2's are known for subwoofer levels of bass. They have GREAT kick.
They sound extremely natural and voices sound fantastic. They roll of above 10k. I think they sound great.

However I found all IEM's sound tinny until you get them in your ears properly. It took me a little while to figure it out.

They also come with a wide assortment of inserts. I'm using the medium Comply Pro inserts. They fit me perfectly and actually improve the bass response.
Thanks, I've never heard any that have bass. What are they rated down to?

I can't stop buying BBQs

Last summer I picked up a 16" ceramic Vision grill from someone local for $150. About a month ago the hardware store across the street was closing and had everything in the store 40% off, including a huge Kamodo Joe Big Joe ceramic BBQ that's got over 24" of grill area. I couldn't pass up the deal so it's mine, it took 6 people to get it into the back of my truck.

I've also started reworking my huge reverse offset smoker with a new stack and possibly a bigger firebox. Currently it doesn't create any draft so the fire just smolders away in the firebox and it will never get to temperature.

I bought a house recently so in the very near future I will have an actual home to use all of these. I absolutely love grilling over wood and charcoal so I'll probably use these at least 3 nights out of the week.

Attachments

• PXL_20231113_221300451.jpg
    PXL_20231113_221300451.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20231113_221328215.jpg
    PXL_20231113_221328215.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20231115_222802833.jpg
    PXL_20231115_222802833.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20231128_173911064.jpg
    PXL_20231128_173911064.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20231128_184956001.jpg
    PXL_20231128_184956001.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
I can't stop buying BBQs

Last summer I picked up a 16" ceramic Vision grill from someone local for $150. About a month ago the hardware store across the street was closing and had everything in the store 40% off, including a huge Kamodo Joe Big Joe ceramic BBQ that's got over 24" of grill area. I couldn't pass up the deal so it's mine, it took 6 people to get it into the back of my truck.

I've also started reworking my huge reverse offset smoker with a new stack and possibly a bigger firebox. Currently it doesn't create any draft so the fire just smolders away in the firebox and it will never get to temperature.

I bought a house recently so in the very near future I will have an actual home to use all of these. I absolutely love grilling over wood and charcoal so I'll probably use these at least 3 nights out of the week.
Dang, looks professional. You could open up a restaurant in your back yard!

Low end is very impressive.

It feels very musical and natural and has great dynamics, and slam.

The only area it is lacking would be things like brilliant cymbals. You do lose a bit of the higher frequencies.

It completely blows away my AKG-701's open back headphones, but it's also a lot more expensive.

It feels very musical and natural and has great dynamics, and slam.

The only area it is lacking would be things like brilliant cymbals. You do lose a bit of the higher frequencies.

It completely blows away my AKG-701's open back headphones, but it's also a lot more expensive.
Yeah, that graph shows a big drop off at higher frequencies. I was expecting that on the bottom. Weird.

That's them.

Pretty Cobra replica!

It's funny how I know my next car will be electric, but I keep thinking that a manual shift throw back car might be fun to keep as a toy.
I briefly considered a Panamera a little while back, but I don't think I want to be seen in a Porsche. I just don't want to draw attention of any kind.
Back when I owned a 7 series BMW, I had my car keyed and the roundels popped out with a screwdriver that gouged my paint, etc.. It just seemed like people wanted an excuse to mess with it.

Every time I look at one of those throwback cars like a Superperformance GT-40 or Lister Bell Stratos, all I can think is that they are better to want than to actually own. Maybe I'm wrong. I've considered one of those track days in a GT-40 where the track price counts towards the purchase price if you buy one.

Last edited:
That's them.

Pretty Cobra replica!

It's funny how I know my next car will be electric, but I keep thinking that a manual shift throw back car might be fun to keep as a toy.
I briefly considered a Panamera a little while back, but I don't think I want to be seen in a Porsche. I just don't want to draw attention of any kind.
Back when I owned a 7 series BMW, I had my car keyed and the roundels popped out with a screwdriver that gauged my paint, etc.. It just seemed like people wanted an excuse to mess with it.

Every time I look at one of those throwback cars like a Superperformance GT-40 or Lister Bell Stratos, all I can think is that they are better to want than to actually own. Maybe I'm wrong. I've considered one of those track days in a GT-40 where the track price counts towards the purchase price if you buy one.
That's horrible what they did to your car. So far everyone has been nice to me and my car. I get a lot of thumbs up and appreciation from guys. Girls could care less. Lol.
I've got an 07 911 Turbo.

Back when I owned a 7 series BMW, I had my car keyed and the roundels popped out with a screwdriver that gouged my paint, etc.. It just seemed like people wanted an excuse to mess with it.

Last summer someone poured a huge can of nail polish or some kind of nasty clear paint all over my freshly wrapped Z06. The same car in my profile photo and in this thread.

I absolutely lost my mind, so I totally understand your frustrations. Unfortunately just the fact other people exist makes it very hard to have nice things, people will hate you because they don't have those nice things all while never having put in any work to achieve said things. I paid $900 to have all the damaged wrap replaced that wasn't a year old.

Designed some rulers to make sure I have it square when I raise and lower it. Also added one for the telescoping option.
USB_Below_9448.jpg

Also had to design end caps at the top of the vertical profile with mounts for the mouse and the fan control. Then I downsized my button box a bit to the controls I'm actually using.
ReadyASR_9433.jpg

The wheelbase slides out now and I could slide in a flight yoke if I wanted now.
Retracted_9446.jpg

Retracted_9444.jpg

Is the BMW fan there to add to the experience, or is it more or less just to keep you cool? Im wondering is it varies speed according to how fast the car is going. When we race on the track we always have to keep the windows open in the car, just incase we wreck and it ends up catching on fire. So you do get wind blowing.

That is a Noctua Fan, but the Roundel was a perfect fit to cover up various print.

I'm only using that fan for cooling. It's quiet and works well for me. I have not set up any telemetry based control for it. If I did that I would need to have two fans so that it simulated changing direction in an open air car.

That is a Noctua Fan, but the Roundel was a perfect fit to cover up various print.

I'm only using that fan for cooling. It's quiet and works well for me. I have not set up any telemetry based control for it. If I did that I would need to have two fans so that it simulated changing direction in an open air car.
Great point about 2 fans. So I guess people have done that before, to simulate wind? VR is amazing. Awhile ago I saw that one set of VR goggles had scent. I guess that didn't work too well because I've not seen any more about it. Hopefully they'll figure out a good way to simulate smell in the furure.

Back